Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
Just curious
mikey1597
12 years ago
Not on purpose
erjaq
12 years ago
I've done it a few times -- most recently with a Tat 7th Natural and Tat 7th Maduro. It's the best way to isolate the contribution of a particular element, and it was pretty interesting -- I was surprised to learn that I actually enjoyed the natural more. I also think it would be interesting to compare a fresh stick to the same one with a some age on it. But I haven't been doing this long enough to have any aged ones.
Buckwheat
12 years ago
Smoked three at one time. A Partagas Culebras on a bet. Ended up having to separate them after about 1/3rd of the way through. Wasn't bad but kind of stupid. Won the bet which was the cigars.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

I've done it a few times -- most recently with a Tat 7th Natural and Tat 7th Maduro. It's the best way to isolate the contribution of a particular element, and it was pretty interesting -- I was surprised to learn that I actually enjoyed the natural more. I also think it would be interesting to compare a fresh stick to the same one with a some age on it. But I haven't been doing this long enough to have any aged ones.

erjaq wrote:




My thoughts exactly.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
hnixon12
12 years ago

Just curious

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:


I have because i was curious about two different cigars....phew! so its just not me who has done that
Mr Roso
12 years ago
Only twice on pipes when comparing different blends.
Philly Jack
12 years ago
Did an Ashton tasting event you smoked three cigars to compare blends and flavors was pretty cool event.
DCLover
12 years ago

I have because i was curious about two different cigars....phew! so its just not me who has done that

hnixon12 wrote:


Really? You're reassured because you share a trait with hillbillyjosh?
danmdevries
12 years ago
Actually thought this was a no-no and didn't want to ask the question.

I bought nearly $150 of the cheapest samplers on CI back in November. Since then I've been working my way through and kicking myself for buying them.

Often I would light two side by side and smoke them, picking one of the two to finish, and tossing the other. Yesterday I lit three Gurkhas from the sampler as the majority unraveled themselves from the foot not long after lighting. Tossed two, finished one.

For gars that I'm familiar with, or spent decent money on, no. I'll get through those one at a time.
knokmdwn
12 years ago

Really? You're reassured because you share a trait with hillbillyjosh?

DCLover wrote:




LMAO!!

#-o

Wait!!! They may be cousins!!! 🤦
exprime8
12 years ago
not 2 but 3, a culebra!
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
I got nothin.

Glad to hear other have done it, I found it to a good way to distinguish flavors between the two sticks
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

I got nothin.

Glad to hear other have done it, I found it to a good way to distinguish flavors between the two sticks

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



That sounds more like "two lit at the same time and alternating puffs between the two cigars"which is kind of common - vertical / horizontal tastings, comparing cigars, blending, etc. I've done it with 4 (5?) at once. Somewhere buried in the picture archive here is a photo of SvenR and Brando each with like 7+ going at once - they have 2-3 in each hand and a few on rests.

Two at the same time, drawing on both at the same time is what I thought you were asking. Not really as common. Sometimes done for blending when you have various combos of tobacco you want to try together, or for fun if you have two finished cigars that might compliment each other well if smoked simultaneously. Done this too - not worth it for me thought to try and figure out what two cigars to smoke simultaneously, when someone else figures it out though, I might try it - it's fun.

cacman
12 years ago
^^^ Somewhere there's a pic of TG smoking a Ghurka from both ends.

I've only smoke 2 cigars at the same time when I couldn't remember where I placed put the first one. Usually accompanied with drinking. Some how I have the feeling this happens a lot at the Fish 'n Herf with FGM.
🍺
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
LOL, I had forgotten all about that. I wonder if that qualifies as two at once, or just double your crap, double your pain?

http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/posts/239571/TG-smokes-a-Gurkha 
cacman
12 years ago

LOL, I had forgotten all about that. I wonder if that qualifies as two at once, or just double your crap, double your pain?

http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/posts/239571/TG-smokes-a-Gurkha 

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:


LMAO!!! That's the photo I remembered.
Thanks TG. You've offered me a ton of knowledge when I first started. Never had the balls (or enough to drink) to smoke any cigar in that fashion!
Palama
12 years ago

LOL, I had forgotten all about that. I wonder if that qualifies as two at once, or just double your crap, double your pain?

http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/posts/239571/TG-smokes-a-Gurkha 

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



Loved it! Thanks for bringing it back.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

That sounds more like "two lit at the same time and alternating puffs between the two cigars"which is kind of common - vertical / horizontal tastings, comparing cigars, blending, etc. I've done it with 4 (5?) at once. Somewhere buried in the picture archive here is a photo of SvenR and Brando each with like 7+ going at once - they have 2-3 in each hand and a few on rests.

Two at the same time, drawing on both at the same time is what I thought you were asking. Not really as common. Sometimes done for blending when you have various combos of tobacco you want to try together, or for fun if you have two finished cigars that might compliment each other well if smoked simultaneously. Done this too - not worth it for me thought to try and figure out what two cigars to smoke simultaneously, when someone else figures it out though, I might try it - it's fun.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



Yes.

Not stick um both in your mouth and start puffing.

It helps the two cigars burn cooler.
Users browsing this topic