earthson
12 years ago
Bought a box date coded Feb 2011. Have sampled one every month since I got the box; they were initially muddled and obviously too green.

Now they're getting better.

Anybody got an opinion about when these peak?
robertsccr5
12 years ago
Can't say. I got my box from dublehub I believe. Everyone I've smoked has been great. just curious, how do you store them? Box with foil? Box w/o foil?
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
My experience with PCRs....
Out of a given batch, I'll smoke one after a month of rest, at about the 1/2 way mark, I take a strong whiff of the head of the cigar........., if you got a "greenish" batch, you will detect ammonia.......bummer, I know.......but it will go away after about a year.

No ammonia?.....they're ready to smoke after 6 months or so imho.

I've only had 2 "greenish" batches (10-packs)......and both smoking great 1 year out.....
earthson
12 years ago

Can't say. I got my box from dublehub I believe. Everyone I've smoked has been great. just curious, how do you store them? Box with foil? Box w/o foil?

robertsccr5 wrote:



I removed the foil, but left them in the cabinet which itself is sitting in one of my humis. 65% RH, High 60s temp. Overcast, a light wind out of the ESE.

Never thought much of the foil craze since they're only taped and not really air-tight or even nearly so. Plus, I'm interested in them hitting their stride as soon as possible, so I figured they'd want to breathe.

if you got a "greenish" batch, you will detect ammonia.......bummer, I know.......but it will go away after about a year.

No ammonia?.....they're ready to smoke after 6 months or so imho.

I've only had 2 "greenish" batches (10-packs)......and both smoking great 1 year out.....

KingoftheCove wrote:



It wasn't ammonia - just really muddled with few discernible flavors other than a damp earthiness I've experienced in some young Tats (and cubans) before.
Palama
12 years ago
Hmm, might have to get another box just to age....
cacman
12 years ago
A box from Feb 2011 was too green??? I wouldn't suggest you start buying CC's then.
Never had a problem with any "green" Tat Miami especially the PCR. Have smoke many ROTT without paying attention to box codes and they where all great.
Sounds like a lot of "hoopla" over nothing. Right down to what the temp and wind-conditions are outside!!! How that effects your humi is beyond me?
The PCR's are so good, I've never had a box last me 6-months - let alone age a year or more LOL!!! I choose to age CCs and much better cigars than a $3 smoke.
Noobs and their supposed educated palates?!?!?
TMCTLT
12 years ago
Every time I go to pick up a cab of these....They're OUT OF STOCK 🌫
z6joker9
12 years ago
I usually smoke PCRs ROTT too. They go so fast.
earthson
12 years ago

A box from Feb 2011 was too green??? I wouldn't suggest you start buying CC's then.
Never had a problem with any "green" Tat Miami especially the PCR. Have smoke many ROTT without paying attention to box codes and they where all great.
Sounds like a lot of "hoopla" over nothing. Right down to what the temp and wind-conditions are outside!!! How that effects your humi is beyond me?
The PCR's are so good, I've never had a box last me 6-months - let alone age a year or more LOL!!! I choose to age CCs and much better cigars than a $3 smoke.
Noobs and their supposed educated palates?!?!?

cacman wrote:



Easy there, killer.

First off, the temp and wind conditions were a joke.

Second, CCs are typically all I smoke and have been for ten years. As you may or may not know, different cigars peak at different ages depending on the brand, blend, and vintage.

Third, maybe the PCRs are just ****e, then, or not my cup of tea. I dig Tat browns - finding them to be a decent stand-in for a cuban Monte, but I've found these PCRs to lack discernible flavors - more of a mixed cacophany - nothing terribly inspired.
earthson
12 years ago
Aw, hell. I just realized I put Feb 2011.

The boxcode is Feb 2013.

I can't count. And I'm an engineer.
sd72
12 years ago
Did you engineer the Toyota accelerator a few years back?
gae9jang2j
12 years ago
if you don't like em, send em to me. i'll trade ya
Users browsing this topic