robertsccr5
12 years ago

Who doesn't check their cigars on arrival and before placing in the humi???
Noob mistake that really doesn't have anything to do with the vendor. Never had a problem with ***.
And I would say the same thing could happen from the Bid or any other vendor.

cacman wrote:



I check them, but I keep cello on so I never felt the dust. Upon CLOSER inspection, found the dust and holes.

If I found out upon receipt would this still have nothing to do with the vendor?? Additionally, I did not place blame on any company, merely stated that's where I got them from so if anyone else bought from them to check. In fact, if you read closely, I praised them for their prompt service.

I agree this could happen from any company if the conditions are right.
cacman
12 years ago

If I found out upon receipt would this still have nothing to do with the vendor??

robertsccr5 wrote:


No it wouldn't. It could be how the vendor received them. Boxes are not opened for inspection before delivery to you, and it's often difficult to see through the plastic-wrapping on 5ers. I'm sure those working in the warehouse fulfilling orders may not all be properly trained in the individual inspection of every cigar packed, nor do they have the time. It's an organic hand-made product and not always "perfect".
SRH1
12 years ago

ouch...every Fuente's like the setting sun

dstieger wrote:



Glad somebody picked up on the reference.....=d>
earthson
12 years ago
As far as I know, many manufacturers fumigate their leaves before rolling. I've been smoking for over ten years and have never had a beetle problem.

Now, the question is: what do they fumigate with? I'm assuming nothing toxic or anything that would in any way impact the flavors...
scompay
12 years ago
Just freeze your gars. Thats what most manufacturers do. It cracks the eggs.
TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago

I check them, but I keep cello on so I never felt the dust. Upon CLOSER inspection, found the dust and holes.

If I found out upon receipt would this still have nothing to do with the vendor?? Additionally, I did not place blame on any company, merely stated that's where I got them from so if anyone else bought from them to check. In fact, if you read closely, I praised them for their prompt service.

I agree this could happen from any company if the conditions are right.

robertsccr5 wrote:




geeze....how very thoughtful of you to praise a competitor on our forum.

Sheesh.....noobs
DrafterX
12 years ago
noobs.... 🤐 🤐 🤐 🤐
SRH1
12 years ago

geeze....how very thoughtful of you to praise a competitor on our forum.

Sheesh.....noobs

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:



Hey Trish, let's see if I can make if for Robert's faux pas by saying that I have NEVER received a single unwelcome critter in any of the hundreds, (probably thousands) of cigars I've purchased from C-Bid (the mother ship inclided) AND let me add that C-Bid Customer service is SECOND TO NONE!=d>



























Now, can I get that upgrade to platinum pleeeeez?? 🙏

Seriously though, there may be other places with great customer service, but you should always measure yourself against the best and C-Bid is second to none in my book. Keep setting the standard!
DBIII
12 years ago

if my benchmade has holes in it, i'm gonna be pizzed

critter2 wrote:




HA! I shoulda known you were the one that picked it up......beat me to it ya azzhat. Hope you enjoy it 🌫
robertsccr5
12 years ago

geeze....how very thoughtful of you to praise a competitor on our forum.

Sheesh.....noobs

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:



Haha sorry Trish. I won a box here last week...you haven't lost my business and now gained more of it.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

if my benchmade has holes in it, i'm gonna be pizzed

critter2 wrote:



Haha those would be some bad azz beetles. I believe delivery date is tomorrow. Lmk.
05busa
12 years ago
critter2
12 years ago

HA! I shoulda known you were the one that picked it up......beat me to it ya azzhat. Hope you enjoy it 🌫

DBIII wrote:



defense against the zombie hordes from colorado
robertsccr5
12 years ago

Pricks

05busa wrote:



Im going to the field tomorrow...lets se what falls off the back of the HMMWV...
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Glad somebody picked up on the reference.....=d>

SRH1 wrote:



I got your Mr. Young
He's the man
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
😣
05busa
12 years ago
Legacy
12 years ago

geeze....how very thoughtful of you to praise a competitor on our forum.

Sheesh.....noobs

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:



Hi Trish,

Praise? Like the girl who praises her handsome lad while waiting at the doctors office to be treated for his STD?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" (W. Shakespeare)

Pete
Users browsing this topic