robertsccr5
12 years ago
Received an order of Fuente a couple weeks ago, all were placed into my travel herfador in preparation for the field this week.

Grabbed an Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona Maduro, removed cello, found dusty/sandy feeling. Thought it was odd. Dissected the cigar, found beetle dust, holes, more dust, bigger holes.

Check the rest of my Fuentes from that order, found 5 with visible beetle holes. Contacted the very popular auctioneer I bought them from, mailed back, ate the shipping, credit on account.

Point is, check your cigars especially if you recently bought Fuentes from the place I did. Another lesson, contact the merchant before you complain on a forum because they will likely take care of it without question.

Affected cigars:

AF Cuban Corona maduro and natural
AF Spanish Lonsdale
AF Corona Imperial Maduro

The good news is I found no larvae or carcass of beetles. The better news is these were isolated the entire time they were in my house, the herfador has already been throughly cleaned. No cigars in your bombs were harmed in the process.


Rob
dharbolt
12 years ago
robertsccr5
12 years ago
thats what i said.
earthson
12 years ago
Got some cuban coronas about 2 months ago and they're fine.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

Got some cuban coronas about 2 months ago and they're fine.

earthson wrote:



glad to hear. It's a bummer because I got them for a great price, they're tasty cigars and it's just a hassle.
05busa
12 years ago
Whats wrong with smokin beetles?
delta1
12 years ago
Yellow Submarine...
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

glad to hear. It's a bummer because I got them for a great price, they're tasty cigars and it's just a hassle.

robertsccr5 wrote:


man that suqs.
thanks for the heads up.........checked the various fivers of those I won from that place back in September, everything seems to be OK....lucky for me.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

Whats wrong with smokin beetles?

05busa wrote:



Damn, I knew I should have sent them all to my vet!
robertsccr5
12 years ago

man that suqs.
thanks for the heads up.........checked the various fivers of those I won from that place back in September, everything seems to be OK....lucky for me.

KingoftheCove wrote:



excellent. It seems they move inventory quick so this would be for items purchased primarily in February.
05busa
12 years ago
All u had to do was stick them in freezer
mikey1597
12 years ago
The beetle holes are like little built in carburetors for easy smoking.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
Tastes like chicken.
dharbolt
12 years ago
Good for an all protein diet
SRH1
12 years ago
I've seen the beetle and the damage done. Gone, gone, the damage done......
dstieger
12 years ago

I've seen the beetle and the damage done. Gone, gone, the damage done......

SRH1 wrote:



ouch...every Fuente's like the setting sun
tonygraz
12 years ago
There was a time not long ago when the first stop for incoming sticks was the freezer. After years of people telling me it wasn't necessary, I finally stopped the practice. I have found in the past a few cigars with holes in them, but I believe they were there when I got them.
BlueDude
12 years ago
No Auctioneer name posted outrage!
critter2
12 years ago
if my benchmade has holes in it, i'm gonna be pizzed
cacman
12 years ago
Who doesn't check their cigars on arrival and before placing in the humi???
Noob mistake that really doesn't have anything to do with the vendor. Never had a problem with**.
And I would say the same thing could happen from the Bid or any other vendor.
Users browsing this topic