Legacy
  • Legacy
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago
I accompanied my son to some appointments today. Glad to do it.

He detoured on the way home, stopped at a Smokeshop and insisted that I select some cigars.

Youngster just got married and shouldn't be so generous, especially in NY where sticks are taxed so heavily BUT if he must be so generous - as he insisted, I'm proud to call the kid my son when he insists that his dad have a cigar treat.

I bought a Sancho Panza Glorioso and La Aroma de Cuba Monarch.

The Panza WAS excellent!
Mithrandir
12 years ago
Congratulations! The nut doesn't fall far from the tree so I would expect you were are great example to him throughout his young life. way to gooooooo! Does he enjoy a cigar now and then?
denali7432
12 years ago
congrats man..that ranks right up there when your son gets his driver license..and sharing his first beer
mikey1597
12 years ago
He sounds like a fine young man. Be proud Dad.
SRH1
12 years ago
Legacy...........yes indeed
kombat96
12 years ago
U doing good.
tonygraz
12 years ago
New York recently dropped it's cigar tax and prices are still falling at B & Ms. Don't go to MA to save money, because they upped their taxes big time around the end of 2013.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
Legacy
  • Legacy
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thank you all for the kind words about my son. Some wise man once said that you can never go wrong complimenting a parent on their children.

Legacy
  • Legacy
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago

Congratulations! The nut doesn't fall far from the tree so I would expect you were are great example to him throughout his young life. way to gooooooo! Does he enjoy a cigar now and then?

Mithrandir wrote:



Mithrandir, I am (a little) ashamed of the fact that he asked for Backwoods at the same time as he was showing his generosity and later purchased some Marlboros. He's young and there is time!
Legacy
  • Legacy
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago

New York recently dropped it's cigar tax and prices are still falling at B & Ms. Don't go to MA to save money, because they upped their taxes big time around the end of 2013.

tonygraz wrote:



Tony, it was $21.75 for these two sticks (8.99+10.99+sales tax!), and my son is newly married and I don't want to cost him a dime. There's a reason that so many bidders here are from NY (myself included). Any tax relief in NY would be intelligent but the legislature already let the horse out of the barn.
DCLover
12 years ago
TMCTLT
12 years ago

Mithrandir, I am (a little) ashamed of the fact that he asked for Backwoods at the same time as he was showing his generosity and later purchased some Marlboros. He's young and there is time!

Legacy wrote:




Congrats on a job well done, and yeah the quicker he gives up the Boro's the better 🍺
Legacy
  • Legacy
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago

Congrats on a job well done, and yeah the quicker he gives up the Boro's the better 🍺

TMCTLT wrote:



Thanks YMC,

We've had that discussion (re: Marlboros).

However, I got the bonus plan!

I had dinner with my son's new in-laws (today) and the father told me that he was going to South America and asked (said that he was insisting cuz I pretended to put up a fight), what Cubans I wanted. Remember the ship that sunk, Partagas Lusitanias! We'll see what happens.

nolen
12 years ago
One of the best posts I've read on these boards. Congrats bro, ya dune good!
Users browsing this topic