danmdevries
12 years ago
I've got two sisters getting married late this summer.

Both asked me to provide some cigars. One wants 100, the other wants 50.

Im also tasked with brewing the beer for both...

So, I agreed in lieu of a gift. Im gonna have about $200 in grain for each weddings beers, and would like to keep the cigars under $200-250 for both combined. So 150 sticks for $250 or less.

Ill be bringing a small 10ct herf-a-dor with my own stash for the few that will truly appreciate the smokes.

The rest would be happy with a cigar that stays lit and doesn't go stale before the halfway point.

I dont want to look a fool and bring a box of dutch masters though the appreciation of the smoke wouldn't discern.

So, are there any cheapo bundles worth buying? Mind you they've got 4-6 months to sit in my humidor.
danmdevries
12 years ago
Id bring a box of machine mades but I dont want to make anyone feel jipped when I hand out my personal stash to those that will appreciate.

A lot of the attendees were at my son's 1st birthday party where I had several bottles of top shelf scotch and 50 not-quite-top-shelf-but-close cigars.

I need to bring hand rolled. But I dont need to bring premiums. Just needs to be a brand not associated with gas stations and a smokable cigar.

Id be willing to stretch to $300/150.
danmdevries
12 years ago

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/cigars-under-2/

🇨🇮

bs_kwaj wrote:



What I'm asking is which ones to buy....

I know there's plenty to choose from, but what's got a reputation for decent construction. I'm not overly concerned with flavor, just really needs to smoke well. Most machine mades would fit the bill, except I've got a reputation to uphold, and I'm not bringing gas station cigars.
theboss928
12 years ago
I would recommend something like Factory Throwouts #59 you can get them for a buck a piece.
sd72
12 years ago
My father in law smokes these,

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/11048/free-cuba/ 

Therefore, I've smoked these. $1 a piece, non offensive, could be what you need
Buckwheat
12 years ago
I would stick to smaller (i.e. PC's) because what you will see is that non-regular cigar smokers will light a cigar and smoke it for 5-10 minutes and then just quit. It would be a waste, even at $1/stick to have a bunch of half smoked cigars around. PC's are also generally less expensive than DC's, etc... There will be less cigar smoking than you anticipate. People who "smoke" cigars may already have their own. I would take a couple of good cigars when I would go to a get together and if cigars were being brought out I wouldn't need to smoke the "house brand". Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
reckless
12 years ago

My father in law smokes these,

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/11048/free-cuba/ 

Therefore, I've smoked these. $1 a piece, non offensive, could be what you need

sd72 wrote:


I would follow sdeve to hell if he told me there would be dollar sticks 😰
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1709724/Pinar-del-Rio-Gran-Toro-Mega-Sampler-20-Cigars/ 

not horrible
nice presentation (which is 80% of what this is all about)
guests can "pick" from 5 different kinds

these often go $22 for 20 cigars
tonygraz
12 years ago
Samplers are not a bad idea. You might just keep an eye of the auctions for them as well as some some bundles/boxes that go for around $ 20-30. There are some fairly decent sticks in that price range on auctions..
teedubbya
12 years ago
fuente curly head

Haven't priced them for a long time but definitely a beginner cigar on the cheap.... yet pretty decent.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago
It's a real tightwire you want to walk...you should use the g00gl3 and seek out the sage advice of Rah.[frypan]
BlueDude
12 years ago
Hands down the best cheap smoke out there. Made by the same makers of AVO and Davidoff.

On Closeout no less:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/11504/la-diferencia-cubana/ 



You're welcome 🙂
tonygraz
12 years ago

fuente curly head

Haven't priced them for a long time but definitely a beginner cigar on the cheap.... yet pretty decent.

teedubbya wrote:




Disagree with this one, tho the curly head deluxe is pretty decent for a decent price.
efinebloom
12 years ago
This is a solid inexpensive, mild smoke. Great for the novices. Get the Belicoso. Yolu can find 20 for $25 or so usually
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1708828/Augusto-Reyes-Epicur-Belicoso/ 
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
From my experience. Anything Garo, or El Mejor.
Smoke good, Taste good if allowed to rest. For a good price.
My go to yard gars. That's just my two cents.

If your worried about reputation.
Show up with unopened boxes of cigars.
IMO that would look better than a couple walmart sacks full of loose ones.

That's just my opinion and experience.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Ok lemme ask.....

100 and 50?

How many guests total at these weddings? I have a suspicion alot of cigars aren't going to be smoked.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
Trisha would be the real expert
Users browsing this topic