Tl;dr - can you draw more often on a slim stick than a fat one without burning and ruining the flavors?
danmdevries wrote:
When I first got into cigars I wasn't smoking anything much smaller than a 60. I steered clear of the slimmer ones because I was afraid of burning them and ruining the cigar with too hard too fast a draw. After doing a few trades here, I've a well rounded assortment of sizes and ive just recently started smoking some of the narrow ring sizes. But I'm not getting the hot burned tar flavor that I was getting if I drew too hard or too often on others. Are slimmer sticks more resistant due to greater surface area to filler ratio? Or am I subconsciously taking it easy on them? Am I misinterpreting the experience or was my initial impression incorrect? Can you draw more frequently on a 40 ring than a 60 and avoid the heat?
Just go easy on ALL cigars, regardless of size. the flavors will be much better and probably a lot more noticeable.
knokmdwn wrote:
Different cigars require different smoking techniques (draw frequency, draw force, etc.) in order to get the "most" out of them.It took me a while to get that sorted out properly, but it has made a huge difference.
KingoftheCove wrote:
The CigarBid Forums uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More Details Close