Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Been reading some reviews on this line and am interested in your opinion. The reviews seem to be from one end of the spectrum to the other, either they are loved or hated them (Argon seems to always be a fav). Also, did a search on here and seen a couple of ISO for them but nothing as far as opinions. Anyone have a opinion or have them in their local? I am heading to Florida this summer and seen that the B&M I'm going to has a few of them and wondering if I should pick them up.
rrumba
12 years ago

picked one up a few weeks ago but been letting it rest. i am curious myself.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Which one? Smoke it!
rrumba
12 years ago


not sure, will check tomorrow when i get back home, pretty sure it an elements one.......... it has a gear on the band...... i am a noob whatcha expect

if you are expecting a review all would be able to tell you is if it was a good one. I do not know how or am to discern the leather, spice, chocolate, touch of lavender, swirl of dirt while finishing off with a dead rat flavor that is really pleasant to the pallet..... mine would be more of a yep, it was a good un and i would but it agian.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

not sure, will check tomorrow when i get back home, pretty sure it an elements one.......... it has a gear on the band...... i am a noob whatcha expect

if you are expecting a review all would be able to tell you is if it was a good one. I do not know how or am to discern the leather, spice, chocolate, touch of lavender, swirl of dirt while finishing off with a dead rat flavor that is really pleasant to the pallet..... mine would be more of a yep, it was a good un and i would but it agian.

rrumba wrote:



If it has gear then it is not from the element line. There other cigars I know do have the funky metal band. Not really looking for a in depth flavor profile. Just more of a yes or no as far as if you enjoyed it. If you can supply information on the burn, construction, and/or flavors then that is a bonus.

I do believe some people have more refined palates than others but I think some of the crap you read about people tasting is just that.....crap.


Anyone else...............:-k
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
tonygraz
12 years ago
I couple of smokers I know gave them a 3 out of 5 and a 6 out of ten (I know that's the same), but I have never tried them and there seems to even be a question as to whether foundry and foundry elements are the same. These guys said the metal band turned their finger green when it was worn on that finger.
APBTMarcel
12 years ago

Anyone?

Ndill wrote:



Not you.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
I had an ACDC West Orange Robusto

Started awesome (medium) then finished *meh*
robertsccr5
12 years ago
Im 10 minutes into a Carbon...so far it's good. If it continues like this I will look for more once my hiatus is over.

I do really enjoy the War of Currents..special thanks to efinebloom for opening the door to this brand for me!!
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Im 10 minutes into a Carbon...so far it's good. If it continues like this I will look for more once my hiatus is over.

I do really enjoy the War of Currents..special thanks to efinebloom for opening the door to this brand for me!!

robertsccr5 wrote:


I have seen the War on Currents line. Which one have you had? Are they different blends just different sizes?
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Not you.

APBTMarcel wrote:


Always me
robertsccr5
12 years ago
I've had the Shoreham. I believe the two WoC are same blends different sizes but Giannini claims the size difference creates different flavor profiles.

The Carbon was good in the beginning and developed into a nice smooth sweetness with a bit of bitterness. There was some nice pepper up front which died down. The last third was pretty damn strong. I had to put it down.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

I've had the Shoreham. I believe the two WoC are same blends different sizes but Giannini claims the size difference creates different flavor profiles.

The Carbon was good in the beginning and developed into a nice smooth sweetness with a bit of bitterness. There was some nice pepper up front which died down. The last third was pretty damn strong. I had to put it down.

robertsccr5 wrote:



This is a true statement IMHO

Interesting review. Sounds good....cept the bitter part.
APBTMarcel
12 years ago
Packaging is amazing on most of them, problem with me trying them is that reviews have been all over the place (like you said). When I feel like throwing some money away I'll pick some up and let you know. Probably this summer.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Packaging is amazing on most of them, problem with me trying them is that reviews have been all over the place (like you said). When I feel like throwing some money away I'll pick some up and let you know. Probably this summer.

APBTMarcel wrote:


Yeah the packaging is very cool. Especially for Vanadium, which seems like it would take a TON of humi space up. Whichever one is shaped like a TNT bundle is cool also. I grabbed a couple of sticks online yesterday. All singles and they are cheap ($5-$7).
APBTMarcel
12 years ago

Yeah the packaging is very cool. Especially for Vanadium, which seems like it would take a TON of humi space up. Whichever one is shaped like a TNT bundle is cool also. I grabbed a couple of sticks online yesterday. All singles and they are cheap ($5-$7).

Ndill wrote:



Very nice, can't complain about price. Hopefully you like them, let me know which ones are good so I can try them.
delta1
12 years ago
Tried one from local B&M (about $9 + tax), the one with the gear band last year and it was ok. Didn't think enough of it to look for more at a better price.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Gear band is not in the element line
Users browsing this topic