tailgater
12 years ago
A buddy of mine leaves for Cabo tonight.
Any good cigar shop recommendations?
nolen
12 years ago
^ The only place to buy authentic Cubans when traveling, but bring a very fat wallet.
reckless
12 years ago

^ The only place to buy authentic Cubans when traveling, but bring a very fat wallet.

nolen wrote:


Is it true that you really are better off bringing your own? Seems this way everywhere Ive been.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Is it true that you really are better off bringing your own? Seems this way everywhere Ive been.

reckless wrote:



Locals take advantage of tourists. It was like this at Atlantis, found some a lot cheaper in town.
nolen
12 years ago

Is it true that you really are better off bringing your own? Seems this way everywhere Ive been.

reckless wrote:



That's what I do. We have access to the best cigars in the world here in the states and places like this give us the best prices plus quality handling. Most of the cigars we take for granted here aren't even available in other countries. The premium cigar companies have their work cut out for them just keeping up with the US demand for cigars with a limited supply of premium tobacco available each year.
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

^ The only place to buy authentic Cubans when traveling, but bring a very fat wallet.

nolen wrote:



One would hope. Remember though that the LCdH in Meridia was shut down and had their franchise pulled a few years ago for selling counterfeit cigars. So as long as the franchisee is honest, and most probably are, you're ok, but you should still know what you are buying.

And yeah, prices can be very high.
nolen
12 years ago

One would hope. Remember though that the LCdH in Meridia was shut down and had their franchise pulled a few years ago for selling counterfeit cigars. So as long as the franchisee is honest, and most probably are, you're ok, but you should still know what you are buying.

And yeah, prices can be very high.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:




So true!!! Best to find a reputable source and stick with it.
victor809
12 years ago
I'm heading there in a week or two as well. I think I'm just gonna bring my own.
tailgater
12 years ago
I've never been.
I gave him the info from ThunderGerbil and I'm sure he'll bring back a smoke or two.

Buckwheat
12 years ago
If they are flying through Mexico City they should checkout the Duty Free Shop. The Duty Free Shops sometimes have special items that even the LCdH's don't usually get.
Like the H. Upmann 2007 - Travel Humidor and other special releases. +1 on the LCdH's being only place to buy CC's in Mexico (besides the Duty Free Shops). They can be a little expensive in the beach towns but they are still less expensive than Canada or England.
tailgater
12 years ago

They can be a little expensive in the beach towns but they are still less expensive than Canada or England.

Buckwheat wrote:



I'm sure you're correct.
I mean, Canada, England or most any country would be quite expensive indeed!

Who would purchase a country?

Users browsing this topic