robnsue
  • robnsue
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
26 years ago
I have noticed white fuzzy's on a couple of my humidifiers. I am thinking bad distilled water. I am getting new water but wonder if I should 'treat' the condition. THanks!
unklebill
26 years ago
Got the same problem!!!!
What the hell's going on here? Perhaps we could start some sort of petition or a strongly worded editorial.....
james
26 years ago
The same thing happened to me, but it was because I didn't splurge for distiiled water. If you soak your humidification unit (mine is oasis) in a dish of water with a drop of bleach for a few hours remove it and let it dry completely it will get rid of the problem. All you have to do is recharge it (soak it) in distilled water thoroughly, shake off the excess, and your ready to roll. Worked for me!
hhjr71
26 years ago
what you could do also , is go to a plant nursery, and buy a block of oasis , they use it for floral arrangments, to keep plants fresh , remove old oasis from humidifier cut a new piece out of the block the same size and stick it in , works like a charm
james
26 years ago
Yes, however, my units are sealed in plastic and are not replacable without destroying the whole unit.
hhjr71
26 years ago
yes i could see that being a problem , the ones i used to use were able to be opened
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

The same thing happened to me, but it was because I didn't splurge for distiiled water. If you soak your humidification unit (mine is oasis) in a dish of water with a drop of bleach for a few hours remove it and let it dry completely it will get rid of the problem. All you have to do is recharge it (soak it) in distilled water thoroughly, shake off the excess, and your ready to roll. Worked for me!

james wrote:



Credo and bleach!!!!!! My, how we have evolved.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Unklebill is officially the FOGiest I have ever seen on here
madspackler
12 years ago
Time for HF Beads!
madspackler
12 years ago

Unklebill is officially the FOGiest I have ever seen on here

Puffnstuff79 wrote:



Good BOTL he is too. One of the real old timers.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
And just realized that HBJ pulled this outta the archives and that he wasn't posting. Wow. And you too mad. 14 years 1400 posts. Strong silent type or just not blabber mouthed noobs like us?
tonygraz
12 years ago
Last activity on 12-04-2000. Perhaps he gave up cigars or joined the silent majority.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago

Last activity on 12-04-2000. Perhaps he gave up cigars or joined the silent majority.

tonygraz wrote:




Yup...big puss couldn't even show up to a Ybor event when he was in the area!
Users browsing this topic