earthson
12 years ago
Hi, all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience aging Padrons (with "aging" = 5+ years). I'm talking about the core line, here - not the 64, 26, special eds, etc. I've got some maduro churchills that I'm thinking about forgetting about for a while.

Do these improve with age or are they like most NCs where they fall flat after a few years in the humi? At what age do they seem to peak and what RH% do you age them at?
gae9jang2j
12 years ago
i've read that the core line rivals the anny 64s after a year. don't know about 5+ tho.

you send the mad churchs over and i'll conduct the experiment for you. i'll put em next to the ones im aging
roadlaw
12 years ago
funny you should mention this. i am smoking a padron 3000 maduro with about 4 yrs on it. to be honest, hasnt improved, hasnt declined. still a solid enjoyable smoke.
earthson
12 years ago

funny you should mention this. i am smoking a padron 3000 maduro with about 4 yrs on it. to be honest, hasnt improved, hasnt declined. still a solid enjoyable smoke.

roadlaw wrote:



This has been my experience with almost all NCs that have 3+ years (with the main exception being the AF Anejo).

I gave up on the 1964 line specifically because time and time again they tasted like core line smokes that had lost their oomph and gained only a little something extra in the flavor department (albeit a very subtle little something extra).

Might leave a couple to age, but if there's one thing I hate, it's NCs that lose their oomph.
xibbumbero
12 years ago
The Anniversario line hangs in there for a few years(2-4) then start to lose their umph.
The regular line fares much better w/aging. X 🌫
Users browsing this topic