JoePepin
kombat96
12 years ago
erjaq
12 years ago
robertsccr5
12 years ago
Lol so I donate some money and get entered into a drawing...but the items were donated to this guy so he can keep all the money for a bike?

Sounds legit.
kombat96
12 years ago
I just donated, hope I win!
kombat96
12 years ago
Proud sponsors of that website
robertsccr5
12 years ago
Did you seriously? ?

Wait, does this count as competitor reference? Just checking.
kombat96
12 years ago
No. I'm being a dink.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
Uh... sorta like a raffle? You buy tickets (make donations) with the prospect of winning something.

Donate $20 and get a chance to win a couple hundred dollars worth of cigars, or whatever.

It's a popular way to raise funds, right? Maybe I'm missing something.

Seems legit to me, if you want to participate. He tells you right up front what he's doing.

:-k
danmdevries
12 years ago
I put in $$.

If any of you dinks said you wanted to get back into riding, but needed help I'd do the same-with or without a raffle. If you get it, you get it. I love riding. Before my wreck, I rode year round as long as there wasn't ice on the roads. Now, not as much, but as often as I can.

On the surface it does seem a bit douchey. But so long as all parties involved are good, I have no problem with it.

Initially I was put off by the request/idea. But after I thought about it, I tossed him a bone. He's a working class man that wants to ride again. When I wanted to get back on two wheels after recovering from my wreck, but couldn't afford it, my (now) father in law gave me a bike he'd been saving to restore himself. I rode it a year, ratty n rough-running before a winter restomod made it my prized ride for the last 4 years.

If you're not a rider, I can see how this comes off as a dink move. But as a rider, I support this idea.
kombat96
12 years ago
Well hell. I'll do the same thing, I need a new car. My 96 Chevy is doa.Send 20$ to my PayPal for a chance to win my cigars.


I'll tell you up front...u didn't win, but thank you for ur support.


Guys wife had a Harley, u can afford one of those, but can't now? U want a motorcycle, but can't afford it without a cigar raffle. I suggest u pick bike or cigars.

Hell I want to eat steaks and shrimp you guys going to finance me a ebt card.

Earn yo ****
rfenst
12 years ago

Well hell. I'll do the same thing, I need a new car. My 96 Chevy is doa.Send 20$ to my PayPal for a chance to win my cigars.

...

Earn yo ****

kombat96 wrote:



Time to sell your cigars, huh?
kombat96
12 years ago
My car is fine.

z6joker9
12 years ago
My bike is 26 years old but I want a new one. Please send money.
nolen
12 years ago
Very bizarre self-serving concept, but he's a legit, well respected reviewer in the industry. I believe he'll be very fair, but he's wayyy too fuzzy on the details to commit any dough at this point.
muhren
12 years ago
For clarification because some seemed outraged at this raffle....This seems to be standard raffle. Pay for entry....win stuff.

He just took the step most don't and let everyone know what he would do with the money.

If it makes anyone feel better, the goal of a shop that does a raffle is to...MAKE MONEY.

If it's a manufacturer, they hold a raffle to...drum roll....MAKE MONEY.

If the raffle holder has kids, they probably spent some on them. If they have a drug habit, some on that. If they like hookers, some on that. You get the idea.

It's just not normally announced where the money goes.

M
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
danmdevries
12 years ago

My bike is 26 years old but I want a new one. Please send money.

z6joker9 wrote:



What do you ride?

Im on a '78 Suzuki GS750
z6joker9
12 years ago

What do you ride?

Im on a '78 Suzuki GS750

danmdevries wrote:



'88 HD Sporty. I wouldn't mind a GS750 or similar to do a cafe racer setup.
JoePepin
12 years ago
I need help paying off ALL of my college loans. Paypal me $20 and I'll send you some measly stix

Also, I have never owned a motorcycle. That being said, also paypal me $20 so I can get a HD.


Thanks 🐴
Users browsing this topic