tailgater
12 years ago

For clarification because some seemed outraged at this raffle....This seems to be standard raffle. Pay for entry....win stuff.

He just took the step most don't and let everyone know what he would do with the money.

If it makes anyone feel better, the goal of a shop that does a raffle is to...MAKE MONEY.

If it's a manufacturer, they hold a raffle to...drum roll....MAKE MONEY.

If the raffle holder has kids, they probably spent some on them. If they have a drug habit, some on that. If they like hookers, some on that. You get the idea.

It's just not normally announced where the money goes.

M

muhren wrote:



I'm pretty sure that every raffle I've ever entered made money for a non-profit or charity of some sort.
BuckyB93
12 years ago
Newspaper Ad: Want to learn how to make up to $1000 per week working from home? Send $20 and a self addressed stamped envelope to PO Box XXXX.

One week later you get your envelope back with a letter telling you to get a PO box and place an add in the newspaper saying "Want to learn how to make up to $1000 per week working from home? Send $20 and a self addressed stamped envelope to PO Box XXXX"
victor809
12 years ago

Newspaper Ad: Want to learn how to make up to $1000 per week working from home? Send $20 and a self addressed stamped envelope to PO Box XXXX.

One week later you get your envelope back with a letter telling you to get a PO box and place an add in the newspaper saying "Want to learn how to make up to $1000 per week working from home? Send $20 and a self addressed stamped envelope to PO Box XXXX"

BuckyB93 wrote:



Oh good... the package arrived then.
banderl
12 years ago

I need help paying off ALL of my college loans. Paypal me $20 and I'll send you some measly stix

Also, I have never owned a motorcycle. That being said, also paypal me $20 so I can get a HD.


Thanks 🐴

JoePepin wrote:



I sent $40, what do I get?
DAD300
12 years ago
Now that he has stated, very publicly, that it is for personal gain, he has a tax issue. Also, this isn't a raffle, it's an interstate gambling proposition for profit.

"BUY A TICKET AND WIN PRIZES!" IS ILLEGAL, unless you are a non profit organization, Native American or a Government.

I always thought he was a harmless gob...he just screwed himself!

His only salvation will be to announce he is donating the money to a charity!
JoePepin
12 years ago

I sent $40, what do I get?

banderl wrote:




You are the lucky winner of the already opened and used Cigar Oasis. Also, a Limited Edition box of some crap ya never heard of! Congratulations!
JoePepin
12 years ago

Now that he has stated, very publicly, that it is for personal gain, he has a tax issue. Also, this isn't a raffle, it's an interstate gambling proposition for profit.

"BUY A TICKET AND WIN PRIZES!" IS ILLEGAL, unless you are a non profit organization, Native American or a Government.

I always thought he was a harmless gob...he just screwed himself!

His only salvation will be to announce he is donating the money to a charity!

DAD300 wrote:



LOL. What do you mean…we are donating to a charity…HIS CHARITY! so he can get back on a brand new motorcycle courtesy of fellow cigar smokers.[frypan] [frypan] 🐴 [sarcasm]
Hammerhead69
12 years ago
Fug him. Cut back on the snacks then he can afford a new bike. The fat **** doesn't even have kids and he can't afford a used bike. It's called natural selection, god doesn't want you on the road. I've been riding for 35 years and all but my first KDX80, I paid for myself. What the hell happened to hard work. When I was 15 I cut grass all summer long. 5 days a week, just to earn enough to buy a CR125. I may be an idiot, but it's more fun when you've earned it.
Mr Roso
12 years ago
At least he wants to buy another Yamaha.

nolen
12 years ago

Fug him. Cut back on the snacks then he can afford a new bike. The fat **** doesn't even have kids and he can't afford a used bike. It's called natural selection, god doesn't want you on the road. I've been riding for 35 years and all but my first KDX80, I paid for myself. What the hell happened to hard work. When I was 15 I cut grass all summer long. 5 days a week, just to earn enough to buy a CR125. I may be an idiot, but it's more fun when you've earned it.

Hammerhead69 wrote:



I did the exact same thing for a used yammy 100.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
"Always with those negative waves Moriarity. Always with those negative waves."


;-)
Users browsing this topic