Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
A few years ago I bought a sampler box of Siglo Limited Reserve from here. I remember seeing it and thinking it was super cheap (around 2-3 bucks a stick) and decided to snag it. It came in and I smoked one a thought they were terrible! Taste was awful and burn was worse! Put them in my desktop humi, which is where I keep my yard gars and sticks that I share with people who don't really like cigars but want to have a smoke. I did some rearranging the other day and saw one of them and didn't think much. It is rainy here today and have my first day off in a very long time and decided to have a smoke in spite of the cold and damp weather. I remembered the Siglo and snatched it up and burned it. Holy crap, this was one of the best smokes I have had in a LONG time. It had woody/chocolate nutty taste and the burn was perfect. Amazing what 3-4 years did to this stick! I have had many up the higher $$ Tats,Viaje, Fuente, Padron, etc and this smoke was up there with them. Makes me wonder what other gems I have in the desktop 🤔

I know you all have similar stories! Share em...

🇨🇮
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Not old enough on the garsto do so but I'll have plenty with my aging project I started with this weeks shipment
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Any idea if the Pdr lower end stuff ages well?
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
This story inspired me to grab one of the first sticks I purchased. RP fusion
I have only had them for 4 months and smoked one whrn I first received them.
Same experience. Awful...
Fired one up today. Transforming into a good smoke. Nutty, with a rich tobacco sweetness.

I have noticed a change in my taste for beers as well since I began enjoying cigars.
I no longer like Coors, or bud light.. Way too sweet.
I enjoy the pale ales, porters and stouts much more.
I think it had something to do with branding as well.

Cigars enjoyment is a time for life reflection, soul searching, and human bonding.
When you start looking at life this way, you stop feeding into the Mainstream egotistical BS
That the media once you to..
And you start enjoying what you want to, what makes you feel good.
For we are all different, and as long as your surrounded by people who agree to disagree,
It's a perfect harmony....



















Just read back on my thought.... Damn that chit is deep. I'm nuckin futs fellers!!
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Psych major and halfway into my masters in counseling. I'm running my analysis now...

10011100101110011111100101011

The results are in HBJ you are crazy
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
I got 5 fusions, figured everyone had different tastes. I thought they were a good 25 cent cigar but figured others might like em. I handed out a few. Maybe I'll try the other one or two I have in a couple months.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Psych major and halfway into my masters in counseling. I'm running my analysis now...

10011100101110011111100101011

The results are in HBJ you are crazy

Puffnstuff79 wrote:



I knew we were.....
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

I got 5 fusions, figured everyone had different tastes. I thought they were a good 25 cent cigar but figured others might like em. I handed out a few. Maybe I'll try the other one or two I have in a couple months.

Puffnstuff79 wrote:



Our hades for the same reason. It's getting harsher as I go.
Should be a good yard gar after a year of hibernation.
billyboy03
12 years ago
Carlos Torano signature,was my first box buy, liked them right away,forgot about,em 2 1/2 years later they are very good cheap cigar imo
tonygraz
12 years ago
Not sure what you mean by lower end PDR stuff, Puffy. I have a lot of PDR's aging and I may set a few of them on fire when I go on vacation next week. The Pinar Del Rio 1878 Cubano especial maduro robusto was damn good a couple of weeks OFT, but I haven't had one in quite a while-I think they were $ 2-3 a few years ago. The fumas are the bottom of the line and I doubt if they would get any better. Did you have any one in particular in mind ?
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
The reserva limitadas. I pu a box at $43 and figured there might be a reason but I haven't had a chance to spark it yet (too many waiting in line ahead of it, good problem to have).
crgcpro
12 years ago
I like most of the Diesels and Nubs when they are on a great deal! Great daily smokes!
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

I like most of the Diesels and Nubs when they are on a great deal! Great daily smokes!

crgcpro wrote:


A Diesel Shorty with some extended rest behind it is a great knock-around cigar. Perfect for working on a car, etc........they smoke well, taste good, and are tough as heck....you can drop em, bump them, ignore them for 5 minutes, come back, and it's still smoking perfectly.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

A Diesel Shorty with some extended rest behind it is a great knock-around cigar. Perfect for working on a car, etc........they smoke well, taste good, and are tough as heck....you can drop em, bump them, ignore them for 5 minutes, come back, and it's still smoking perfectly.

KingoftheCove wrote:




I 2nd that
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

I 2nd that

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



I 3rd it from the one I had. Left it rigged in my car at the post office, took it on a road trip, brought it back and used it for yard work. The nic from the solomon would be too much for my likings for an everyday. I know there's different vitolas but I have bought what I've bought. And I won't be purchasing for a bit. I'm looking more for what to leave alone and what to smoke. Again, it might just be my need to try it out myself short of listing for all to see. Feels like flashing someone though. Who did that recently? Gotta check it out. The huge purchaser!!!
danmdevries
12 years ago

I like most of the Diesels and Nubs when they are on a great deal! Great daily smokes!

crgcpro wrote:



Im a fan of most of the diesels I've had. But the NUBs, not so much. Do they improve with time? Seems to me they're sorta promising, but never deliver, just kinda string you along for it to get to the flavors it hints toward but before they arrive, its done.
tonygraz
12 years ago
The reserve limitadas are pretty good ROTT. I'll see if I can find some and see how old they are. I may take them on my trip. The reserve limitada selection 10 are super spicy with little age and someone recently said here that they were sickeningly spicy. I love 'em.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

Im a fan of most of the diesels I've had. But the NUBs, not so much. Do they improve with time? Seems to me they're sorta promising, but never deliver, just kinda string you along for it to get to the flavors it hints toward but before they arrive, its done.

danmdevries wrote:



It's said to start off at the sweet spot. I personally think it delivers there. It was great as it first lit up, and for the most of it as well. It just wasn't satisfying. And for me it burned hot too fast. Am I double posting?
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Hey Tony, let me know about that age factor. I'm gonna bury 3-5 boxes of different smokes and it'd really save me trouble to know up front on these.
tonygraz
12 years ago
Users browsing this topic