Sled
  • Sled
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago
Got a letter from customs today anyone here ever get one?
dkeage
12 years ago
mikey1597
12 years ago
Nope but then again my nuts arnt as big as yours.
dharbolt
12 years ago
Not I. hope all is calm for you going forward
crgcpro
12 years ago
I've been lucky so far. I know some guys that have a dozen or more of them.
TMCTLT
12 years ago

I've been lucky so far. I know some guys that have a dozen or more of them.

crgcpro wrote:




Yeah Bart, I'm kinda surprised you've dodged one of those.....🍺
shaun341
12 years ago
I haven't received one not that I have all that many over seas purchases but I have read through a rather lengthy thread about the letter on another forum(is that a competitor reference). From what I read it seems like the best thing to do is to ignore that letter and let your vendor know what happened.. Every once in awhile the person would get their package in question like a year later but it seem like more often then not it was gone forever.
Buddha Daddy
12 years ago
Did it come certified mail? You signed for it? Why do people do that? Good news NEVER come in certified mail.
Whistlebritches
12 years ago
IIRC there is a place on the letter where you can claim or deny the package in question.I have a couple in there in my man cave somewhere......just too lazy to go look.Anyway I just checked the box stating I had no claim on said package and returned the letter as requested by OFAC.In one instance 3 months after the letter I received an empty cardboard shipping box resealed with green customs tape.In the other I have never received anything........but it's only been a year so who knows.


Ron
danmdevries
12 years ago

I haven't received one not that I have all that many over seas purchases but I have read through a rather lengthy thread about the letter on another forum(is that a competitor reference). From what I read it seems like the best thing to do is to ignore that letter and let your vendor know what happened.. Every once in awhile the person would get their package in question like a year later but it seem like more often then not it was gone forever.

shaun341 wrote:



Yup, read that thread myself too.

Ive not joined the dark side, so have no personal input.
KPP
  • KPP
  • Herf-A-Holic
12 years ago
^ that's just cuz you're a young padawan Dan. You must first become an NC Jedi before you can truly comprehend the dark side of the force...

No letters here. Yet. (Wondering if my Punch Punch will show up though....but I ain't a skeered of no letters).
Buckwheat
12 years ago
Not a big deal. Never contact them unless you like big fines. The harder thing is the loss of the smokes & money. YMMV
duwan
12 years ago
I got enough to wallpaper a man cave. Hell, they even owe me a few from packages I never received from 2 years ago.

Once I even got a letter and then a month later received my package.

Had another package go missing then showed up 6 months later with little orange "ID Recorded" stickers all over it.


I did have to lay off buying for about a year cause they were getting every single package for a while.



No one has come to haul me off to the Gulag...yet.
edwarderc2
12 years ago
Do these letters threaten you with any kind of criminal or civil penalty?
rfenst
12 years ago
I advised against direct reply to the initial letters I have reads.
rfenst
12 years ago




I did have to lay off buying for about a year cause they were getting every single package for a while.


duwan wrote:



Cut off by "Rob"?
duwan
12 years ago

Cut off by "Rob"?

rfenst wrote:




No. Personal decision.

Wasn't one particular vendor. It was all of them.
Users browsing this topic