Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
I finally pulled out my AJ Fernandez Spectre cigar gifted by plowboy.

Dark oily seemless wrapper. The smell is a strong smoked mesquite. Which I found out later was a special tobacco added to the blend.
Latakia commonly used in English pipe tobaccos from what I gathered

It almost has an anise flavor without the sweetness.
Very smokey smell, and taste.

My question is:
Since the DE KFC is fire cured tobacco, does it have the same profile as the AJF Spectre?

I hadn't had the KFC yet but the Spectre had a unique profile.

Anyone else know of any other other sticks with similar profiles?
RodneyB
12 years ago
Sam Leccia Black. I find the Spectre stronger on the flavor than the KFC but I like both of them.
Bitter Klinger
12 years ago
KFC seems to have gone MIA ASAP.

Some seem PIZZ'd

Others say WGAF?!

I'd try one if DE had any for sale...WTH?

BK
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Production/QC issues was what I was told.
Bitter Klinger
12 years ago
I saw a vid of a DE factory tour "somewhere other than this website". They showed Jon talking about finding what you're talking about and pulling product so as not to get a bad name over it, but did not identify the line. Maybe it was the KFC's because thats about when they showed up then abruptly dried up...

I thought it was interesting that they would re-roll some that didnt pass a draw test. I figured those became seconds or thirds or whatever...
eye2
12 years ago
Saw you guys talking about the Spectre the other day and sure enough CBid had a box of 10 (jumbo size 6x60). Got one of the 4 for sale at $28.00. It said it has cocoa and pepper. Maybe they'll be pretty good.
Mithrandir
12 years ago
I like the original recipe KFC#-o
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Saw you guys talking about the Spectre the other day and sure enough CBid had a box of 10 (jumbo size 6x60). Got one of the 4 for sale at $28.00. It said it has cocoa and pepper. Maybe they'll be pretty good.

eye2 wrote:



More like a smokey anise IMO
spectresquad
12 years ago
Hmm Want to split off a few from the box next time some come available, it sounds like an interesting recipe.=p~
Users browsing this topic