bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
denis007
12 years ago
While I never believed in the spritzing of the beads. The tap water has chemicals in it right? I do the same thing with my beads, but with distilled water. Maybe it depends on were you live what the tap water contains.
spectresquad
12 years ago
I always use Distilled water.🌫
tonygraz
12 years ago
I wet my beads with distilled water sprayed on them by a syringe.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

I wet my beads with distilled water sprayed on them by a syringe.

tonygraz wrote:


I reckon you didn't watch the video ?

He just grabs up all his bead bags and tubes, puts them in a big bowl, puts them under a faucet, fills the bowl with water, takes 'em outta the water. Done.

Simple. Easy. No fuss. Works for him.


I only have 2 little bowls of beads now. Not in bags. I just pour in a little distilled water from time to time.

Been using Boveda packs.
tonygraz
12 years ago
Good guess, but I THINK THE GUY IS ASKING FOR PROBLEMS.
Buckwheat
12 years ago
I have done roughly the same thing for years. I do use filtered water out of our fridge and I don't submerge them I just wet them down and then dry off the outside of the tubes or bags. No problems in years of doing this. I will put the tubes or bags on a piece of plastic or in a plastic tray just in case there is any "free" water still on the tubes or bags. KISS is the way to go with these and most things cigar related. The cigars should tell you if everything is fine in your humidor(s). I have and do use hygrometers and I did calibrate them at one time. 🌫 🇨🇮
skillett
12 years ago
Use KL and distilled water myself - no big deal for sure
billyboy03
12 years ago
I have seen videos of people w/yellow,discolored beads. In my 150qt coolerdor the heartfeld beads are getting that way I only use dist, water they have no bad aroma, they smell of spanish cedar and they hold perfect 70% anyone else exp, this should I replace or just wash them off w/dist,water I have lined the coolerdor w 3/8 in sp ced, none of my other humi,s beads have turned this color??
Burner02
12 years ago

I always use Distilled water.🌫

spectresquad wrote:





+1
denis007
12 years ago
Humidity beads turn yellow, and or brownish from absorbing Humidity in your coolidor, humidor, wineador. The humidity in the air in your box has small amounts of the oils from your prized stogies in it. Over time this will turn your once clear beads a brownish yellow color. This is not bad at all, as the beads release humidity the also release some of these oils back in the air. Regards. 🇨🇮
BuckyB93
12 years ago
Ummm... yellow or brownish is not normal for beads. Beads absorbing and releasing cigar oils? {insert head scratcher smiley}...

I guess that could happen if the beads are in contact with the cedar. Probably not a big deal.
billyboy03
12 years ago
the mesh bags were resting on cedar shelfs
denis007
12 years ago

the mesh bags were resting on cedar shelfs

billyboy03 wrote:


There is your answer!! And yes there are microscopic amounts of oils floating around in the humidity of your humidor. Which over time can change the color of the beads. Insert science smiley face 🇨🇮
BuckyB93
12 years ago
Well there's the answer. Again, probably not a big deal. It just might shorten the life of the beads because they are getting oils from the wood. So instead of them lasting a lifetime, they might only last 75% of your lifetime.

Personally, I would keep them off of the cedar but this is coming from a guy who washes whites with colors.
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

but this is coming from a guy who washes whites with colors.

BuckyB93 wrote:



Heathen!

tonygraz
12 years ago
He just likes his underwear pink.🇨🇮
Users browsing this topic