tonygraz
12 years ago
Probably a Swisher Sweet, before many of those here were born.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

I was in Baghdad May '09 - April '10, at Victory. Did you join the Victory, Slayer, or Cropper Cigar Club?

Mandoman wrote:



Nope. I was actually based on Speicher. HQ was on Victory
billyboy03
12 years ago
not sure/ My friend got back fr/Germany gave me 2 cubans? they were real good been enjoying them since then=d>
SammyETN
12 years ago

Hey Sammy: Ever been to The Shamrock in Johnson City?

I remember buying my first cigars there about 28 years ago as well. They sold these Little unbanded things that looked like what Clint Eastwood would smoke in his Spaghetti Westerns and that's what I started on.

Pro

crgcpro wrote:




Never been to Johnson City that I can recall.
madspackler
12 years ago
A Bances corona back in early 1970's. My Dad always had a box rolling around on the rear floorboards of the family station wagon. My brothers and I grabbed one each and lit them up one day after watching Dad do the same. not a real dog rocket, but pretty close. Probably had not seen the inside of a humidor for two or three months. Did not take up smoking again until the mid-1980's. Started up with a Macanudo Prince Philip cafe.
delta1
12 years ago
bloody spaniard started a similar thread a couple of months ago... too lazy to exhume it...

My first was one of the machine made cigars that my dad sold in his store, either an El Producto, King Edward, Dutch Masters, Roi Tan, or White Owl. I was 11-12 yr old. Curious, I snuck one to check it out, prolly an El Producto, since those cost a few pennies more. Tried to inhale and nearly coughed a lung.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I was pretty sure it wasn't Deja Vu when I recalled a similar topic and fairly recent. Those who remembered should check the other topic just to see if they claimed the same first cigar.😁
vanzandt
12 years ago
Fuente 858 in 07
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

Fuente 858 in 07

vanzandt wrote:



Apparently you're still puffin on these. There was one in the last trade
Buckwheat
12 years ago
I think it was some crappy Macanudo cigar out of a tin. Then went to some better Fuentes, then to even better Padrons, then to CC's. Never really went back to NC's after immersing myself into CC's.
Maxpug67
12 years ago

Something awful from Dutch Masters. I don't think I actually smoked it, as I didn't know how to light it properly. A book of cheap matches I had were used to half assed 'light' it. If I remember correctly, I was rather drunk and stupid at the time. This was way back in '95. Didn't try again until a few years ago.. I do much better now.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

Great cigar, you will be amazed how different your perception of it is now.

dharbolt wrote:



I'm rendezvousing with it now my friend. I'm puffin the sorcerer and man is it good. This was before I retrohaled too. The retro is the most addictive aspect of this cigar for me.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

Something awful from Dutch Masters. I don't think I actually smoked it, as I didn't know how to light it properly. A book of cheap matches I had were used to half assed 'light' it. If I remember correctly, I was rather drunk and stupid at the time. This was way back in '95. Didn't try again until a few years ago.. I do much better now.

Maxpug67 wrote:



My brother is the occasional cigar smoker and when he lights up now I can't help but to want to smack him around. Especially when he blames the cigar for the wonkness monster he created. [frypan]
Plumr
12 years ago
Damn you guys started out grand.

My first would be a Swisher Sweet followed by White Owl. I was around 14yrs old
Mandoman
12 years ago

Nope. I was actually based on Speicher. HQ was on Victory

robertsccr5 wrote:


On my first trip to Iraq I was based in Taji. I traveled all over northern Iraq, including Speicher. That was in '08 though.
midmofan
12 years ago
Real cigar? Royal Jamaican Director #5. 1980 Pre hurricane. Cedar wrapped. Very nice.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

On my first trip to Iraq I was based in Taji. I traveled all over northern Iraq, including Speicher. That was in '08 though.

Mandoman wrote:



awesome...we were probably there at the same time. I was there from fall 08 to fall 09
Mandoman
12 years ago
May - Nov '08
Users browsing this topic