typicaldenimbob 81
12 years ago
This is totally a noob question, but here it goes anyway.

I see a lot of guys referencing dates that cigars were rolled and then the humi time. I get that smokes shouldn't be ashed between 3-12 months but how am I supposed to know when the sticks are rolled?

Thanks
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
Singles, 5-packs, 10-packs, samplers, etc.................you wont know......ever.
Boxes?........some have date "codes" that you'll need to learn, others pretty straight forward, others have nothing...

So.........best bet is to just rest them yourself........and most "better" NC cigars have a bit of rest behind them before you get them
danmdevries
12 years ago

Singles, 5-packs, 10-packs, samplers, etc.................you wont know......ever.
Boxes?........some have date "codes" that you'll need to learn, others pretty straight forward, others have nothing...

So.........best bet is to just rest them yourself........and most "better" NC cigars have a bit of rest behind them before you get them

KingoftheCove wrote:



This.

Most any mid-high end NCs are ready to go after an acclimation rest. Couple weeks to a few months. Not to say longer wont help, but in contrast to CCs that are shipped young and need age, most dont truly need it.
typicaldenimbob 81
12 years ago
Thanks for the info guys. So Cc'd should always get about a year or so humi time? (Dan mine have been in the humi since the end of may, that info may or may not be useful to you) the rest are usually good to go? That being said if I let the rest a while I should experience better flavors correct?
danmdevries
12 years ago
That's the idea
Users browsing this topic