Abrignac
12 years ago

Lost city getting burned to ash this weekend sometime

Puffnstuff79 wrote:




I've got a few of those napping. Let me know how it turns out.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

I've got a few of those napping. Let me know how it turns out.

Abrignac wrote:



Will do. And Ndill knows how old they are as they came from him
shaun341
12 years ago
Gave a lost city to my bro in law yesterday. He liked it, said the 2nd half really came to life.
denis007
12 years ago
Never had one, but was scared to buy one because I might not like it. By the sounds of you guys if I do get one it will be a while before I smoke it. Nice thread!
Confuzed
12 years ago
I also prefer the super belis and power rangers but I've had more than one opus that had a massive tar buildup form on the head. One even had so much I could squeeze slightly and it would drip. Overall, I enjoy them. They are pricy, though..
zody
12 years ago
They're one of those cigars that are hyped, and they're definitely worth it. Had them new and have some boxes I've started smoking with 6+ years on them they age really well. Smoked a torpedo from my lot a few weeks ago and had a herfgasm, awesome smoke!
Anyone that doesn't like them, everyone has a preference and they just aren't their flavor profile.
denis007
12 years ago
Definitely have to buy one of these to try now!
calavera
12 years ago
Every one that I have ever smoked has been very good to excellent.

I prefer the corona gorda sized one (Fuente Fuente, is its name I think?). Though all of them that I have tried have been nice.

They have certainly been better than any other Fuente products that I have had (other than vsg's, which also always seem to be consistent).

They are one of the few hyped cigars that I have had that even came close to the hype.



J
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

I've got a few of those napping. Let me know how it turns out.

Abrignac wrote:



5-10 minutes in I was not impressed. Then I pulled a couple times and something happened. I don't know if it was the Glenlivet mix but that cigar started making me feel relaxed. Like "what's really in this thing" relaxed. I started getting annoyed that it was only about a medium to the half way point. WHAM! Sucker punched. My wife and I were at the bar and she was ready to go gamble a little before dinner. I said 30 more minutes a couple different times. I ended up having to drop it a little before I really would have preferred but I wasn't about to ruin our trip from the get go. Very enjoyable cigar. Again, I don't know exactly how old it was because Ndill was the supplier. But if that thing wasn't ready I am looking forward to the day I try one that is.
muhren
12 years ago
I enjoy these enough to have purchased three boxes in the past year. They're now all half gone with the exception of one I am keeping intact to age for a while.

I tend to enjoy the smaller smokes, but that is more of a time thing than a change in profile kinda thing.

As with everything in life, folks' hype levels & enjoyment levels will vary.

M
Users browsing this topic