shaun341
12 years ago
So I went to the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival tonight and what did I see there a John Hay Cigar setup. Met Lauren and David there and bought a few smokes for me and a couple for my bro in law who couldn't make it. It was good to meet you both as I had seen the handle on here and now can put a face to it. Looking forward to ashing the smokes to.
DrafterX
12 years ago
Very Cool..!! they are some of my favorite peoples..!! 🤣
rfenst
12 years ago

Very Cool..!! they are some of my favorite peoples..!! 🤣

DrafterX wrote:




i have enjoyed every minnute spent with them. good peeps.
jespear
12 years ago
Have socialized with Dave and Lauren on a few occasions . . . Ramstock and knokmdwn's herfs.
Two nicer people you will never find.
Have been trying to get a trip to Intercourse for a visit, but that hasn't worked out yet.
Maybe in the fall.

Note to Dave and Lauren:
I WILL NOT be bringing Johnny D on the trip ! 🤦

jes
boileremt
12 years ago
Absolutely good people! I still have a stash of their Anniversary Series from a few years back. Great cigar and I love the family history behind their business.

=d>
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
Anybody have a suggestion as to the Natural vs Maduro?
Looking at the cadets.
I'm a maduro fan, so I guess I already know the answer.....but any feedback welcome
thx
shaun341
12 years ago
I grabbed the maduro cause thats my go to for the most part but I have yet to try one. Let you know what I think when I do.
shaun341
12 years ago
Ashed the maduro tonight. It was maybe a 48rg and 5.5 inches the wrapper was maybe the most oily wrapper I ever touched. It was pretty good mostly sweet earthy notes the whole way. Only drawback I had was draw was a touch tight but not so bad it took away from it. II would recommend these for anyone that likes a sweeter cigar with no pepper or spice for sure.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

Ashed the maduro tonight. It was maybe a 48rg and 5.5 inches the wrapper was maybe the most oily wrapper I ever touched. It was pretty good mostly sweet earthy notes the whole way. Only drawback I had was draw was a touch tight but not so bad it took away from it. II would recommend these for anyone that likes a sweeter cigar with no pepper or spice for sure.

shaun341 wrote:


Thanks for the feedback.
It's all Penn Broadleaf, wrapper, binder, filler.....correct?
Prolly explains the lack of any "wow" transitions........but I have plenty of "one-dimensional" cigars I like, and buy.

So, how does it stack up against a Diesel Shorty for instance?
shaun341
12 years ago
I think you are right on the all Penn Braodleaf. I have not smoked a diesel shorty but compared to these

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1811180/Diesel-Corona-Special-Edition-Tin-of-30/ 

I would say they are more in the medium category compared to those and the flavors are more enjoyable then the inn your face overpowering smoke those diesels produce. By the way I like those diesel coronas also. Oh and vitamin N is maybe mild I really didnt feel any vitamin N from it which would make it nice for a morning or first smoke of the day.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

I think you are right on the all Penn Braodleaf. I have not smoked a diesel shorty but compared to these

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1811180/Diesel-Corona-Special-Edition-Tin-of-30/ 

I would say they are more in the medium category compared to those and the flavors are more enjoyable then the inn your face overpowering smoke those diesels produce. By the way I like those diesel coronas also. Oh and vitamin N is maybe mild I really didnt feel any vitamin N from it which would make it nice for a morning or first smoke of the day.

shaun341 wrote:



So...........would you buy them again? Or do you need to smoke a few more before making that decision?
ZRX1200
12 years ago
I like the Maduro Pantela!
shaun341
12 years ago
^^^I almost went with the panetela

I would like to smoke another 1 or 2 before buying more but at the moment I would keep a 5er in the humi
Users browsing this topic