DrMaddVibe
12 years ago

Sounds like a nice large stand-up unit needs to be on your radar. With 24 humidors you could fill it up easily. Either that or start planning a walk-in unit somewhere in the house.

madspackler wrote:



I think he needs a second house and just use that for his humidor.
TIGERCDW
12 years ago

I think the spreadsheet I idea is the way to go. Also a couple bigger cabinet humidors. I just need to find room for them.

nolen wrote:



Did you check out the cigargeek.com site?

It's simple to add cigars and amounts also purchase dates if you wanted.

TIGER
nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Did you check out the cigargeek.com site?

It's simple to add cigars and amounts also purchase dates if you wanted.

TIGER

TIGERCDW wrote:



cigargeek.com is coming up for me as a domain that is for sale.
TIGERCDW
12 years ago
http://cigargeeks.com/ 

Sorry.I forget to add the 's' to geek.

TIGER
wheelrite
12 years ago

Sooo, we're talking curves or rolls?

nolen wrote:



Rooooooollllssss


wheel,
ronco
12 years ago
Stogierate (dot com), keeps track of cigars, price, age, how many, which humi etc etc, also keeps stats on cigars smoked, history and other stats, easy to use pretty handy. I like it
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Cool options on the two sites. I'm lucky enough to be able to hear all this early enough that those options wouldn't be a headache. And if it does get to be too much I certainly do agree with the other folks here voting for the random grab and smoke. However, I have no idea about the problems that begin with that many smokes.

Your dad is still alive and we all know people at deaths door but stuck around to the point you questioned if it was real or not. Prayers bro.

Wheel, there can be big differences. Ever seen one kid and said, "Hmmmmmm?"

And great distinguishing abilities there on curves or rolls. Also, ratio is important. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B9a3aOtz-BY
nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
I like both of those sites too, Thanks Ron and Tiger.

Several months ago I was moving some boxes around in the basement and came across an old humidor I bought in the early '90's. It still had several cigars in it from that era - a few Fuentes, couple of Punch (Dom) and some Cuesta Rey's (Dom). I fired one of each up and they didn't taste bad, they just had no taste. All of the flavor was gone - except for the Cuesta Reys which still had a little flavor. I pitched them and am reusing the humi.
NCHokie
12 years ago
Nolen, I hope I get to the point one day where I find random humidors and cigars I had forgotten around my house. 24 humi's is an insane amount. As for me I have trouble keeping my current ONE stocked. Although I don't buy in bulk and when I don't have a lot of sticks on hand it's hard for me to age them. Prayers to your dad.
nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thanks for the prayers Hokie... they get us through. I'm sitting with him now, just shaved him and His lunch came. Some kind of pasta and cheese dish. He ate a bite and said "the chicken in here is spoiled, I can't eat this." I took a taste - it was tuna noodle casserole!
tonygraz
12 years ago

I like both of those sites too, Thanks Ron and Tiger.

Several months ago I was moving some boxes around in the basement and came across an old humidor I bought in the early '90's. It still had several cigars in it from that era - a few Fuentes, couple of Punch (Dom) and some Cuesta Rey's (Dom). I fired one of each up and they didn't taste bad, they just had no taste. All of the flavor was gone - except for the Cuesta Reys which still had a little flavor. I pitched them and am reusing the humi.

nolen wrote:



Extended periods of dryness can make cigars taste like dust. The oils dry up and they lose all their flavor. Why the cuesta reys still had some flavor at all is a mystery.
nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Extended periods of dryness can make cigars taste like dust. The oils dry up and they lose all their flavor. Why the cuesta reys still had some flavor at all is a mystery.

tonygraz wrote:



Thats what I thought, but the Cuesta Rey was a pretty good cigar back then.
tonygraz
12 years ago
Yes, I remember smoking them 30 years ago, but the ones I had in the past couple of years were blahh.
nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Yes, I remember smoking them 30 years ago, but the ones I had in the past couple of years were blahh.

tonygraz wrote:



I agree Tony, I don't think they are now what they used to be. They were a big brand in the market.
Users browsing this topic