jff11
  • jff11
  • Rookie Topic Starter
12 years ago
I usually drink a little scotch with my cigar, but last night I had some bourbon, with it W.O.W. was it great D.P.G. blue label and Charred Oak bourbon recommended by a friend. Very smooth for a bourbon and let cigar shine brightly. Anybody elsa got any good pairings?
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Other than the usual wine/port, I've enjoyed some cognac pairings too. Just picked up some Remy Martin 1738. I'm really excited about that.

'05 with a couple posts? You just got back from multiple tours or prison?
Palama
12 years ago

Other than the usual wine/port, I've enjoyed some cognac pairings too. Just picked up some Remy Martin 1738. I'm really excited about that.

'05 with a couple posts? You just got back from multiple tours or prison?

Puffnstuff79 wrote:



Got some for Christmas and it is VERY enjoyable.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
Colt 45 and a Strawberry Prime Time... don't knock it til you try it...
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

Got some for Christmas and it is VERY enjoyable.

Palama wrote:



Good. Kids will be gone this weekend after a family vacation. Anyone with kids knows what that means. So, yeah, looking forward to tomorrow.
wheelrite
12 years ago
Havana Club 7yr is probably my fav booze to drink with a VERY good cigar.. ( The Cuban Rum not the crap Bacardi bottles under the same name)

It is awesome,,,

wheel,
euodias
12 years ago
I like Irish whiskey best with my cigars. its more mellow than other whiskeys and pairs pretty easily with most cigars
itsawaldo
12 years ago
Palama
12 years ago

I like Irish whiskey best with my cigars. its more mellow than other whiskeys and pairs pretty easily with most cigars

euodias wrote:



Any one in particular you would recommend for a bourbon and beer person?
gryphonms
12 years ago
Am enjoying a Montecristo classic with Paddies Irish Whisky right now. Irish Whisky's are usually triple distilled, that is a main reason they are so smooth. If you have not tried Paddies it is worth seeking out. About $30 a fifth and at least to me a cut above the big brand names.
Palama
12 years ago

Am enjoying a Montecristo classic with Paddies Irish Whisky right now. Irish Whisky's are usually triple distilled, that is a main reason they are so smooth. If you have not tried Paddies it is worth seeking out. About $30 a fifth and at least to me a cut above the big brand names.

gryphonms wrote:



On the shopping list...mahalos.
wheelrite
12 years ago

Am enjoying a Montecristo classic with Paddies Irish Whisky right now. Irish Whisky's are usually triple distilled, that is a main reason they are so smooth. If you have not tried Paddies it is worth seeking out. About $30 a fifth and at least to me a cut above the big brand names.

gryphonms wrote:



I'm a Catholic 1/2 Irish from County Cork.
So, I have to drink Jameson,,,

( Protestants drink Bushmills)

wheel,,
gryphonms
12 years ago
Well at least you get the good stuff! Not a fan of Bushmills.
tonygraz
12 years ago
Who drinks Paddy ?
gryphonms
12 years ago
euodias
12 years ago

Any one in particular you would recommend for a bourbon and beer person?

Palama wrote:




Foodland was closing out Kilbeggan for $15 a bottle. If you can still find some that is a good cheap way to start. Redbreast 12 year is very good for the price, but may be more than you want to spend your first time out.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
This matter definitely has it's factor on how much you want spend and/or how often you plan on drinking and the amount you plan on drinking at one time. I was recently turned onto ports. I have enough liquid in that to satisfy a long smoke and won't get drunk. The best part? One of the wineries that I'm a member of came out with a port made with their petit verdot that is infamous for being the best in VA and I'm willing to bet would compete with anyone around. I'm locked into a small amount because their ABC approved labels haven't been fastened to the bottles due to repeat do-overs on the labeling. But I plan on sharing the experience with a BOTL here. Care to take a gander? Until then...lol
wheelrite
12 years ago

This matter definitely has it's factor on how much you want spend and/or how often you plan on drinking and the amount you plan on drinking at one time. I was recently turned onto ports. I have enough liquid in that to satisfy a long smoke and won't get drunk. The best part? One of the wineries that I'm a member of came out with a port made with their petit verdot that is infamous for being the best in VA and I'm willing to bet would compete with anyone around. I'm locked into a small amount because their ABC approved labels haven't been fastened to the bottles due to repeat do-overs on the labeling. But I plan on sharing the experience with a BOTL here. Care to take a gander? Until then...lol

Puffnstuff79 wrote:



dude The best Ports come from Portugal. Everyone knows that,,,
Virginia is famous for shine,,,

get a membership to an illegal distillery and buy decent Port..

just saying


wheel,,
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
I'm new to it. It's made with the verdot. It is a port. I don't fake to know a ton about it all yet as that is an endeavor a couple years out of my families pay grade. I am starting to get the taste though. And I'll tell ya', it's a damn good drink. Moonshine? What's that? Is that the stuff the ABC stores now have overly abundant amounts of on their shelves?
Users browsing this topic