bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
I've smoked a couple of these over the last couple of months. The one I had this weekend reminded me of the first one because of the sorta grassy taste it had. Not like it was a bad grassy taste, but it just sorta seemed that way. And it smoked easy, burned straight, lotta smoke... ya know. I forget which vitola it was at the moment.

It was like smoking out in a wheat field on a cool afternoon... or something. 🤔


And then this popped into my head:

I was once out strolling one very hot summer's day
When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest
In a big field of tall grass
I laid there in the sun and felt it caressing my face
As I fell asleep and dreamed
I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
And that I was the star of the movie
This really blew my mind
The fact that me an overfed long haired leaping gnome
Should be the star of a Hollywood movie, hmmm
But there I was
I was taken to a place
The hall of the mountain kings
I stood high by the mountain tops
Naked to the world
In front of
Every kind of girl
There was long one's, tall ones, short ones, brown ones,
Black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones
Out of the middle, came a lady
She whispered in my ear
Something crazy
She said,

Spill the wine, take that pearl
Spill the wine, take that pearl
Spill the wine, take that pearl
Spill the wine, take that pearl

I thought to myself, what could that mean
Am I going crazy, or is this just a dream
Now wait a minute
I know I'm lying in a field of grass somewhere
So it's all in my head
And then I heard her say one more time

Spill the wine dig that girl
Spill the wine dig that girl
Spill the wine dig that girl
Spill the wine dig that girl

I could feel hot flames of fire roaring at my back
As she disappeared, but soon she returned
In her hand was a bottle of wine
In the other a glass
She poured some of the wine from the bottle into the glass
And raised it to her lips
And just before she drank it, she said

Take the wine dig that girl
Spill the wine, dig that girl
Spill the wine, dig that girl
Spill the wine, dig that girl
Take that girl, yeah!
It's on girl, all you gotta do is spill that wine
Spill that wine, let me feel, let me feel hot, yeah! yeah!
Spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine,
Spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine,
Dig that girl!


kombat96
12 years ago
+1 here for a hangover ^^^^
Abrignac
12 years ago
Late night at the Vets Hall for sure.
Abrignac
12 years ago
Though nothing wrong with some Stones.
jespear
12 years ago

Though nothing wrong with some Stones.

Abrignac wrote:



Stones ? 🤔

Ehhhhh . . . try Eric Burden and the Animals. 🙄
jespear
12 years ago
[quote=bs_kwaj]I've smoked a couple of these over the last couple of months. The one I had this weekend reminded me of the first one because of the sorta grassy taste it had. Not like it was a bad grassy taste, but it just sorta seemed that way. And it smoked easy, burned straight, lotta smoke... ya know. I forget which vitola it was at the moment.

It was like smoking out in a wheat field on a cool afternoon... or something.


Probably the regular AVO blend. (the only AVO I'm not real nuts about.)
The Maduro, XO, Domaine, and Signature, (my personal fav), do not have that "grassy" taste.

jes
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
^^ Oh great. More cigars to buy and try.

o:)
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Stones ? 🤔

Ehhhhh . . . try Eric Burden and the Animals. 🙄

jespear wrote:



Yes, it's not the Strolling Bones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Burdon 
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Late night at the Vets Hall for sure.

Abrignac wrote:



Midnight in about 20 minutes.

Hafta see what sort of surprise I can find in the humidor tonight. Might be another AVO in there. 🤔
tonygraz
12 years ago
Strange song, not often heard on the radio any more. I liked some of Burdon's stuff including this one.
delta1
12 years ago
I like AVO too, but it seems like the last batch of XO's and Domaine's had a slight harshness to the taste that I didn't notice in the past. Some of the creaminess in the XO was also missing. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come...
jespear
12 years ago

I like AVO too, but it seems like the last batch of XO's and Domaine's had a slight harshness to the taste that I didn't notice in the past. Some of the creaminess in the XO was also missing. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

delta1 wrote:



Maybe AVO struck a deal with CBid or CI. 🤔 [sarcasm]
teedubbya
12 years ago
Avo is one if my favorite lines.
nolen
12 years ago
I have always loved AVO. Try the Heritage, it's like a cup of creamy hazelnut coffee.







Oh, and kwaj - please change your avitar. Everytime I see it, I'm thrown back into one of my '70's acid trips.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Oh, and kwaj - please change your avitar. Everytime I see it, I'm thrown back into one of my '70's acid trips.

nolen wrote:


This one will probably throw you back too...

8-[
madspackler
12 years ago

Avo is one if my favorite lines.

teedubbya wrote:


+1
Mandoman
12 years ago
Smoked several AVOs and I really tried to like 'em. Good smokes, but I'll save my coin for other cigars.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

Maybe AVO struck a deal with CBid or CI. 🤔 [sarcasm]

jespear wrote:



or maybe not so sarcastic...
delta1
12 years ago
🤦 😣 [frypan]
Users browsing this topic