charliebarr
11 years ago
I personally agree with what eas said earlier.Since everyones taste is so different hard to tell if u would like wat I do...What I did was ask at local store,after explaining what I though I'd like.I started with wrapper...liked cameroons which are light mid...imoI then tried different cameroon wrapped sticks which I have liked 90 percent of what I have tried...As I said in post I also tried a cpl surrogates. And liked here and there too,though pretty strong......
stogiemonger
11 years ago
^ decent mild smoke. For $2 bucks ea. you'd probably win all three.
namadio
11 years ago

He all, can you all give this noob some good suggestions on a mild, medium or rich bodied rich creamy smoke without the heavy spice cigar, now as far as price wise, I'm looking for cigars across the board($10.00 a stick max and not to low on low side)(I do not like super cheap sticks, from limited experience), from daily smokes to special occasion smokes, hope I explained it clearly, and bring on the razzing lol I have thick skin.

M1220 wrote:



I highly recommend the my father and friends sampler. Solid smokes in there.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1927358/Don-Pepin-Garcia-My-Father-Friends-Sampler-III-8-Cigars/ 
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
These are great suggestions thank you, just had a natural shorty, once sweetness wore off was ok, but on the light mild side, I thought the smoke volume was weak to.
charliebarr
11 years ago
Now I smoke alot of de naturals...the dirt torpedo being one of my faves though I do like the most of the naturals period.You probably won't fiind alot of ppl here who have much good to say about these sweet sticks.The guys here,imo ,are more into regular cigars ...just a heads up.....At the same time smoke what you like is me feeling regardless....
I thonk namodio has great suggestion in the link he sent...Buy a few samplers and you can get alot of sticks for great price .Thats a quick way to figure out wat u like
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
Yes I gathered that from reading, but that's good to as I am interested in both, a slight sweet stick or aromatic stick is needed to keep wife happy when I'm around her, we work from home and we are around each other a lot so I need a "good" smelling cigar frequently. But want traditional sticks when I'm not around her.
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
taste test sticks i buy from my local B&M to support a local business, but will be ordering some of the suggested samplers from earlier in post. Great bunch you are.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
11 years ago
This one Abrignac posted...

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1932248/Wish-You-Were-Here-Nicaraguan-Sampler-10-Cigars/ 

I would buy that.

I like everything in that package.
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
Smoking a 2000 padron robusto now, I like very much
cacman
11 years ago

Smoking a 2000 padron robusto now, I like very much

M1220 wrote:


That will work! =d>
charliebarr
11 years ago
Thats the excuse I use to 2340 but these guys see right through that ****....yep...I do like the de nat line so it is wat it is...yes again abrignac sampler suggestion also good one...You just break out the credit card.....bring wheelbarrow around by front door....and order one of everything...pretty simple......when it all comes in wheel into house...and tell her they made a mistake....I swear I only orderedca fiver
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
Would love to, but this is our very slow time of year, holidays over(everyone's broke) , and funds must be conserved till business picks back up in a month or so. Till then, B&M for my serious smokes till I can order me up some bulk samplers,
mountainman
11 years ago

Hey mountain man, I have had "fuller body" stuff I did like, but it was handed to me and a lighter put in my face, so I smoked it, I was young and had no clue what brand or anything about it other then it had tons of flavor compared to a macanudo (only one I remember) but was as much or less spice then a macanudo, the smoke felt heavy in mouth (creamy) with I guess would be nutty flavor, it was awesome, that's off of a twenty year memory now as well.
Also I read CI descriptions, forum descriptions, youtube descriptions......they were off the wall so started looking were there might be level headed people with regular type pallet that could steer me caus the "descriptions" were all over the place. Is this not a good place to be steered in the right direction? From reading I thinks so.

M1220 wrote:



This is a great place and a great group of BOTL with loads of experience. but what we (maybe just me) are getting at is you have a vague description of a cigar that matches thousands of cigars. That cigar from twenty years ago might not even be around now, who knows. Don't limit yourself chasing a cigar you don't know you can find or are remembering right. That's all I'm saying. I hope you find it and enjoy a lot of good smokes in the process!
charliebarr
11 years ago
Well alot of recommendation for you to think about...One thing most will agree is AF never can go wrong...Also you can get nice ten pack here for whatca cpl sticks cost locally...Is on you now
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
The cigar I use to smoke is the standard macanudo looks and taste the same to me then and now. And sorry it was vague to you, but I got what I needed out of it to get me jump started in a direction, what is popular with the people on the inside of any hobby is what you start to look at, so it was kinda vauge by design, I did not ask for specific to help weed out fanboys and other small factors, it worked.
Wunky
11 years ago
Mild, creamy, totally non-peppery smokes I can think of are:

RyJ 1875
Oliva O
The Griffins

OP might also want to consider dark, rich sticks described as "sweet." Those tend to be less dry, woody and peppery.
Palama
11 years ago
RyJ Vintage series would also be good. No more than a mild-med and iirc, will pass the wifey smell test.

At some point, when you're a little more comfortable with the site, go here

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/626198/p/164/n00b-PIB 

and do a some NooB trading.

Or, after a couple of months here, get a Vet:

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/641015/NOOB-TRADE-THREAD-44 
QMPASH
11 years ago
The best answer I could give you is this: Go online to Cigars International (or get one of their catalogs) and look at their "samplers. They have samplers that are assembled according to strength. Pick one or two that look interesting to you and then check on C-bid to see if any of the ones you are interested in are up for bid. You maybe able to save a few bucks this way. Check out the samplers slowly after they arrive and try to determine which cigars you like the best. Buy a box or two of these, depending upon your budget, and try to assess how consistent the brands you chose are. Some cigars, like Fuente and Padron are obvious choices, but they are pricey. What you are (probably) looking for are brands with a good flavor profile and construction that won't break the bank. Good luck and keep us informed.
hinzna
11 years ago
Sindicato Maduro is a very good medium smoke.
Users browsing this topic