cameroon
9 years ago
I'm not sure that pre-empting fleshlight jokes is exactly fair play. 😃
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
Just get any nice LED...

NOW IS THE TIME!!!
Check LOWES, HOME DEPOT AND WAL-MART...
ON THE END CAPS AND THE ISLE DISPLAYS OF XMAS PRESENTS...
SAW A BUNCH IN WAL-MART TODAY
ONE BIG, ONE SMALL $19.98
dstieger
9 years ago
How about a reliable, relatively weatherproof, headlight recommendation. I've gone through several cheaper ones, but I need one that will handle exposure to some water (rain, splashes, etc...not necessarily submerged.)
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
^^^ PS$SSST ^^^ Harbor Frieghttt....MANNNN
dstieger
9 years ago
^^^^ Just checked. Thanks.

They have a $2.99 model and a $3.99 model. Which of those is the reliable water resistant version?
Gene363
9 years ago

How about a reliable, relatively weatherproof, headlight recommendation. I've gone through several cheaper ones, but I need one that will handle exposure to some water (rain, splashes, etc...not necessarily submerged.)

dstieger wrote:



The Zebralight H52w AA Headlamp. Water resistant, bright, adjustable light levels, uses a common AA battery, but can use a rechargeable lithium or NMhi battery too. It can be removed from the hardboard and used as a handheld flashlight.

http://www.illumn.com/flashlights/zebralight/zebralight-h502d-l2-190lm-flood-headlamp-85-cri-daylight.html 

https://www.amazon.com/Zebralight-H52w-Headlamp-Neutral-White/dp/B00F8UHMDK 


Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

How about a reliable, relatively weatherproof, headlight recommendation. I've gone through several cheaper ones, but I need one that will handle exposure to some water (rain, splashes, etc...not necessarily submerged.)

dstieger wrote:




Dave, my work often has me servicing electronic controls and automation buried deep inside boxes and machines where available lighting tends to be very poor at best. So far the best I've found for what I do is the Coast FL60. I've had one for a few years now and both the plant and my tool boxes have been unsuccessful at killing it. The seals have held up after being sprayed with all kinds of ****.

Picked it up at a Home Depot in the xmas "stocking stuffer" seasonal isles for like $15 a few years ago.

I had the HL5 prior, and while having the battery pack on the back of the headband was convenient, eventually the cable connection from the pack failed where it went into the light.
Krazeehorse
9 years ago
Not quite a full flashlight but something I use a lot is the tube. It's a keychain LED that charges off a USB port. Variable brightness depending on what you need. Here's the Amazon description but there's a couple nice videos on YouTube as well.
https://www.amazon.com/NiteCore-Keychain-Light-Pocket-Flashlight/dp/B00OZJ79R4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478637072&sr=8-1&keywords=tube+flashlight 
dstieger
9 years ago
Thanks, Gene and Adam! I'm looking for something I can wear/keep in the kayak that won't mind rain and water spray. Will look into those! I've killed a few the last two years.
Users browsing this topic