cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
Need help configuring new modem so I can access network and Server.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Like a cable modem or something?

Usually with a modem you have to register it with your ISP before you can use it (Call them and sit on the phone waiting for an hour and a half so they can tell you that it's not supported on their network).
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
DSL Modem from phone company. Their tech support said I have internet service and any other configurations are beyond there help. I believe I need to change the default IP address of the modem. It is one number off from the previous modem. I am also running a web server. But the Server does not have any internet even though directly connected to modem?

Please call if you can offer any assistance.
shaun341
9 years ago
I think I used a direct connection to configure my modem but it has been a while now.
Gene363
9 years ago
New service, new equipment or replaced equipment?

What equipment do you have already?

Does your DSL modem has a built in router?

Does your DSL modem have wireless builtin?

bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
Was surprisingly able to get a hold of a local technician who logged in remotely.
Changed default Modem IP to get network back.
He still has to come by to configure my old 2003 Windows Server to bring the website back online. Some port forwarding needs configed.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Interesting. I was going to coach you how to set your IP on the server then coach you through the port forwarding. It would have been done in ten min 😃
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Interesting. I was going to coach you how to set your IP on the server then coach you through the port forwarding. It would have been done in ten min :D

bgz wrote:


The Tech thought it would only take 10 minutes too. But it wasn't that simple. When we tried to open the ports for the Server and Webserver we received an error saying the ports where being used by the Remote GUI, which was disabled. We had to enable the Remote GUI, change the ports, disable the Remote GUI, then configure the ports for the Server and Webserver.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Sounds like a PITA.

Glad you didn't call me, lol.
Users browsing this topic