Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Does anyone know if you can still buy snorting tobacco in the US? My old boss that was from the Netherlands brought some over once. It came in a little black box similar to a tic tac box. Curious if you can find that sort of thing here. If so, where would you go about finding it? I asked at the gas station this morning and the lady thought I was crazy. ha
sd72
9 years ago
She may be onto something
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

She may be onto something

sd72 wrote:



Definitely. haha
grrrrr609
9 years ago
Nasal snuff. Yes you can get it in the US. If there is a Food Lion near you they sell the American snuffs behind the tobacco counter. You have to ask for it. American snuff, or dry snuff, scotch snuff, etc. Some tobacco shops carry Toque, or Silver Dollar. Meh. The European snuffs are a little harder to get. But worth it. Occasionally you can stumble across the Wilsons of Sharrow snuffs. The Black tic tac box is probably Samuel Gawith snuff.

Nasal Snuffs arent allowed to be shipped in the US. You have to pick it up at a shop. There is one online place you can get it shipped from overseas.

My favorite is only sold in 2 places on the planet, Mullins and Westley Covent Mature Crumble. A tobacco shop in London, who will not ship. And a Danish(?) online shop who also wont ship to the US.

The American snuffs are good. The European snuffs are a little better. All in all i use both. But some of the best are Viking snuffs, Wilsons of Sharrow, Samuel Gawith. There is so many. As a beginner i would avoid the FUBAR snuffs. Especially the BOHICA. Ive seen it make grown men cry.

Also if there are any India grocery stores near you, you try to find some India snuff there. Its good, little hotter than American or European snuffs.
gummy jones
9 years ago
i think its good for you and stuff
that why we were created with an anatomical snuff box
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Nasal snuff. Yes you can get it in the US. If there is a Food Lion near you they sell the American snuffs behind the tobacco counter. You have to ask for it. American snuff, or dry snuff, scotch snuff, etc. Some tobacco shops carry Toque, or Silver Dollar. Meh. The European snuffs are a little harder to get. But worth it. Occasionally you can stumble across the Wilsons of Sharrow snuffs. The Black tic tac box is probably Samuel Gawith snuff.

Nasal Snuffs arent allowed to be shipped in the US. You have to pick it up at a shop. There is one online place you can get it shipped from overseas.

My favorite is only sold in 2 places on the planet, Mullins and Westley Covent Mature Crumble. A tobacco shop in London, who will not ship. And a Danish(?) online shop who also wont ship to the US.

The American snuffs are good. The European snuffs are a little better. All in all i use both. But some of the best are Viking snuffs, Wilsons of Sharrow, Samuel Gawith. There is so many. As a beginner i would avoid the FUBAR snuffs. Especially the BOHICA. Ive seen it make grown men cry.

Also if there are any India grocery stores near you, you try to find some India snuff there. Its good, little hotter than American or European snuffs.

grrrrr609 wrote:



Thanks, I will have to check around.
dstieger
9 years ago
Dave!

The first person that immediately came to mind when I saw this post.....how ya doin?
grrrrr609
9 years ago
Hi Dave,

Haven't been on here in a long time. Logged in this morning and had to comment on a snuff post. Lol

Doing well. Retired and working part time at a cigar shop. Loving it.

How you doing? We all need to get together again!
dstieger
9 years ago
Absolutely! What shpo you at? Somewhere up around HF?
tailgater
9 years ago
If the lady at the gas station doesn't know, then it doesn't exist.

Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

If the lady at the gas station doesn't know, then it doesn't exist.

tailgater wrote:



...that is what I figured...

[frypan]

Considering how large their tobacco selection is, including cigars...I figured they would know.
Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

Hi Dave,

Haven't been on here in a long time. Logged in this morning and had to comment on a snuff post. Lol

Doing well. Retired and working part time at a cigar shop. Loving it.

How you doing? We all need to get together again!

grrrrr609 wrote:



Wait, you're working at a shpo and still low? Kind of like working for Harley and not owning a bike.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I know a guy that makes high dollah films about the stuff
dharbolt
9 years ago

Dave!

The first person that immediately came to mind when I saw this post.....how ya doin?

dstieger wrote:




LOL I had the same thought. 🇨🇮

Good to "see" you grrrr
grrrrr609
9 years ago

Absolutely! What shpo you at? Somewhere up around HF?

dstieger wrote:



Leesburg Va. Work 2 or 3 days a week.
grrrrr609
9 years ago

Wait, you're working at a shpo and still low? Kind of like working for Harley and not owning a bike.

Bur wrote:




Low my azz. You shoosh it Bur!
grrrrr609
9 years ago

LOL I had the same thought. 🇨🇮

Good to "see" you grrrr

dharbolt wrote:



You too Bolt. How's things?
dharbolt
9 years ago

You too Bolt. How's things?

grrrrr609 wrote:



Good brother. Work sucks, hunting season has been ****. Can't complain otherwise 🙂

Glad to hear retirement is treating you well.
dstieger
9 years ago



Glad to hear retirement is treating you well.

dharbolt wrote:


+1!

You miss it? Or is this a great week to be retired? LOL

I don't get up that way often enough, but if/when I do, I'll look you up!
grrrrr609
9 years ago

+1!

You miss it? Or is this a great week to be retired? LOL

I don't get up that way often enough, but if/when I do, I'll look you up!

dstieger wrote:




It's the best week to be retired. No I don't miss it. Have actually been asked a few times this week if I missed it. No not at all. One friend asked me why I wasn't doing any contract work this week. I want no part of that place this week. Worked enough of them.

Hit me up if and when you do. Hopefully when the weather warms up we can get ya to come out to Dave's, aka Watchuria, for some cigars. Or maybe Bart can host us all again. I haven't talked to Mathen in a while but I'm sure he will have an event in May again. Maybe we can meet up there.
Users browsing this topic