opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Here's the gofundme link:
https://www.gofundme.com/love-for-ciara 

This little girl is probably going to die... you can smoke one less cigar and send a five her way so her mom and dad can take time off work to spend her last days together as a family...


http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/01/13/new-hampshire-family-plans-bucket-list-for-9-year-old-with-terminal-brain-tumor.html 

In just a few short weeks, 9-year-old Ciara Brills’ life has changed dramatically. First, it started with headaches that painkillers couldn’t relieve. Then, on Christmas, her family noticed she had a lazy eye. The following day, doctors diagnosed her with a malignant brain tumor.


Brills, of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, has a diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG), a type of tumor found almost exclusively in children, Fox 25 reported. DIPG tumors are notoriously aggressive, difficult to treat, and, due to their placement on the brain stem, affect breathing, blood pressure and heart rate.

While their daughter’s life may soon be cut short, the Brills family plans to make what could be Ciara’s final days as fun and pleasant as possible by creating a bucket list for her.

"I want to show her the world, as much as we can," Ciara’s father, Harold Brills, told Fox 25.

Family friends have started a GoFundMe page to help the family cover bucket list expenses, as well as medical expenses and missed work. As of Friday, they had raised over $52,800 of their $100,000 goal.

Brills went home from the hospital on New Year’s Eve. On Friday, the family updated their Facebook page to share that Ciara is to start radiation as soon as possible, likely next week, as recommended by doctors at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.


In 2015, Mount St. Joseph basketball player Lauren Hill died more than a year after she was diagnosed with DIPG. Before her death, she advocated for research and treatment of DIPG and her efforts raised more than $1.4 million.

Whistlebritches
9 years ago
I'm in......I have a Granddaughter that age,I cannot imagine the pain this family is going through.

May God bless them and bring this angel home as painless as possible......in Jesus Chrtist name.Amen
opelmanta1900
jespear
9 years ago
Donation sent.

I pray for ALL sick children every night.
Now I can pray for Ciara by name.

Thank you opalmanta for bringing this to our attention.


jes
madspackler
9 years ago
In. Not much left in the piggy bank post Holidays but something beats nothing.
dharbolt
9 years ago
I'm in. Sad story. She is the same age as my son.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
=d> you guys are all awesome!
NapalmMan67
9 years ago
delta1
9 years ago
Abrignac
9 years ago
Thanks for the heads up Joel!!!

burnem2
9 years ago
All about this! Wil be praying for the family as well.
jespear
9 years ago
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Buckwheat
9 years ago

...malignant brain tumor....

opelmanta1900 wrote:



You had me at brain tumor. 🌫
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Friendly reminder...
Stinkdyr
9 years ago
I am going to take that $5 and do something more powerful. I am going to put it into the donation plate at church and pray for all of the sick kids.

[-o<

gummy jones
9 years ago
heartbreaking d
Users browsing this topic