Abrignac
9 years ago
I (think) I need a digital camera to take high quality pics of food that I sell for marketing purposes. Not looking to spend a fortune.

As you suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, I don't need to say spend a weekend in a van by the river for advice.
rfenst
9 years ago

I (think) I need a digital camera to take high quality pics of food that I sell for marketing purposes. Not looking to spend a fortune.

As you suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, I don't need to say spend a weekend in a van by the river for advice.

Abrignac wrote:



If you want an SLR, Costco has nice kits from Nikon and Cannon at great prices.
Abrignac
9 years ago

If you want an SLR, Costco has nice kits from Nikon and Cannon at great prices.

rfenst wrote:




Thanks Robert. I was at Sam's and saw their display. Was standing at the kiosk when I posted this. Just not sure what features I need.
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
Check B.J.'s wholesale club if they are down there
Too....
Sometimes Target runs decent deals....

Then there are all the INTERNET CAMERA COMPANIES IN NYC....
not sure if you can trust all of them...

Also, once you research and know the
Exact brand and model...
Some of the HOME SHOPPING CHANNELS on TV
RUN GREAT ONE DAY DEALS ON
"Flex pay" with free shipping-sometimes.
Abrignac
9 years ago
Any brands to stay away from?

Years ago I owned some Canons, an AE1 a couple AV1's. But, I've heard the newer models are buggy. I'm looking towards a Nikon D5600.

Any ideas??
MACS
9 years ago
I have a Canon T3i that I got 5 or 6 years ago. I think it's 18mp and some of the pictures I have taken with my zoom lens are awesome.

Get a decent camera and good lenses. Can't go wrong with Nikon or Canon, really.
elRopo
9 years ago
Dave, please don't take offense, i don't know you or your experience level. I have over thirty, closer to forty years experience in print, advertising, design and photographic experience. If you are wanting reproduction facsimile quality photography, IMHO you will save yourself much frustration, not to mentioned money by hiring a pro. You can't buy the needed equipment at Costco unless you just want a camera. There is an entire segment of photography dedicated solely to food and making it look real and appetising. Again, please no offense.
MACS
9 years ago
Dave ain't here, man... his name is Anthony.
elRopo
9 years ago

Dave ain't here, man... his name is Anthony.

MACS wrote:


Mistaken identity, sorry. Thought it was Dave for some reason.
Abrignac
9 years ago
Thanks for your thoughts El. Sage advice. On the other hand, I'm not what you would call a novice though I'm certainly not an expert. But, with a good DSLR, lighting and a tripod, I can satisfy my needs. All can be had for 1-1.5k. In the long run this is much more affordable than hiring a pro for weekly photo shoots.
elRopo
9 years ago
Hope it works out well for you.
Users browsing this topic