Jcdawg23
9 years ago

as was deleted earlier, there are only 2 things they can communicate...

1. we can't refund your money
2. we have no idea when you'll get your cigars

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Both of these statements are false. They told me they would refund my money if I wanted it, but I told them I just want my order. They lost the original shipment, so they're overnighting a replacement shipment to me. CS has been great helping me through all of this. Hopefully they're catching up and there won't be anymore issues
DrafterX
9 years ago
They turned me into a newt... 😠
jjanecka
9 years ago
Poor drafter... 😞
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

Both of these statements are false. They told me they would refund my money if I wanted it, but I told them I just want my order. They lost the original shipment, so they're overnighting a replacement shipment to me. CS has been great helping me through all of this. Hopefully they're catching up and there won't be anymore issues

Jcdawg23 wrote:


Liar
teedubbya
9 years ago
In fairness I haven't ordered in a long while so it's not my battle. I'm just reacting to all the comments in here and could be referring to any company. In this case it just happens to be CigarBid. To not make communication with customers a top priority is bad ju ju. Top priority of course is getting orders out, system fixed etc. but if that's not happening quickly ... communicate.
RoosterCogburn
9 years ago

They turned me into a newt... 😠

DrafterX wrote:



I heard your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. :-"
cuttslam
9 years ago
Here's one I started yesterday that got deleted within minutes. The title was "Conspiracy Theory".

What would you do if you ran a cigar auction website and your boss told you it wasn’t profitable enough? Well, you’d probably try to find ways to make it more so. You would have 2 approaches— cut expenses and raise revenue.

You might start cutting expenses by reducing personnel in the customer service department. Sure, there would be some complaints on your public forum, but most customers would assume it was a temporary situation and keep supporting you. Besides, look at all that money you would save.

You could also cut expenses by dissolving your in-house shipping department and transferring orders to the parent company’s shipping department. There would undoubtedly be complaints due to delays and errors, but you would have rid yourself of those salaries.

There would be some deadwood that needed pruning in the lot creating department. There might be a few more errors in the descriptions and pictures, but nobody would be able to contact customer service to complain when they got a candle instead of a box of cigars.

Raising revenue would be a bit more tricky. People are only going to bid so much. Or are they? Your IT contractor could be tasked to come up with a “bid bot” that would enforce a predetermined reserve on each lot. If actual bidders outbid the bot that would increase revenues. If they failed to outbid the bot that would reduce costs. Win/win! The best part is that no one would ever know. Unless, of course, that IT contractor you hired made a programming mistake and based the bot bid on the “bid to win” instead of the “current bid”. That double jump from the last legitimate bid would be obvious. But you would certainly test for that before you put it online, right?

It’s just an idle theory. I’m sure there’s really no truth to it. They wouldn’t do that to us.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Those Bassards. .!! 😠
RMAN4443
9 years ago

They turned me into a newt... 😠

DrafterX wrote:



A Gingrich????? No, not that......anything but that đŸ€
DrafterX
9 years ago
I think he spells his name with a 'K'.... 😟
Stinkdyr
9 years ago
Allz I knowz is, I am owed one tasty Cojonu, mas rapido!

But I haz faith that it will be delivered in due course at some point in da futura.

[-o<
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
Like I mentioned before...

C.I. was hacked by CRIMINAL DUECES
IN LAGOS, NIGERIA ....

THEY ARE CURRENTLY LAUGHING THEIR
AZZES OFF ...HIGH AS KITES ON KHAT...
IN
A COMPUTER " RENT BY THE HOUR "SWEAT SHOP...
Stinkdyr
9 years ago

Like I mentioned before...

C.I. was hacked by CRIMINAL DUECES
IN LAGOS, NIGERIA ....

THEY ARE CURRENTLY LAUGHING THEIR
AZZES OFF ...HIGH AS KITES ON KHAT...
IN
A COMPUTER " RENT BY THE HOUR "SWEAT SHOP...

Mr. Jones wrote:




Dang Nigerians! Smokin my Cojonu!

[ram27bat]
cameroon
9 years ago

..y'all thought I was joking about those algorithms and bots.

Start watching this.

Cigar International will be conveniently "out of stock" on certain items, yet there will be always be an "auction" on cbid.
NICE one dudes.

Peckerhead wrote:



Interesting. LMK if you keep track of this going foward
JadeRose
9 years ago

They turned me into a newt... 😠

DrafterX wrote:





Did you get better?
cameroon
9 years ago

Your IT contractor could be tasked to come up with a “bid bot” that would enforce a predetermined reserve on each lot. If actual bidders outbid the bot that would increase revenues. If they failed to outbid the bot that would reduce costs. Win/win! The best part is that no one would ever know. Unless, of course, that IT contractor you hired made a programming mistake and based the bot bid on the “bid to win” instead of the “current bid”. That double jump from the last legitimate bid would be obvious. But you would certainly test for that before you put it online, right?

cuttslam wrote:



Any documentation? Be curious to observe this in action
tonygraz
9 years ago

They turned me into a newt... 😠

DrafterX wrote:



I heard something about you searching for a gila monster to mate with.
strikeanywhere
9 years ago
Remember when Gonzo would do video reviews of crappy sticks?

Those were the days.
cuttslam
9 years ago

Any documentation? Be curious to observe this in action

cameroon wrote:




It's happened to me a couple of times. The latest is a current auction with a $2 increment in which my max bid was $61. I got an email that I'd been outbid and when I almost immediately looked the current bid was (and still is) $65. The bid also has the auto-bid icon. I can't figure out a scenario in which that could reasonably happen. If you want the lot number I'll send it PM. I'm reluctant to post it publicly. And, again, this isn't the first time in the past couple of months that I've noticed this.
dkeage
9 years ago

It's happened to me a couple of times. The latest is a current auction with a $2 increment in which my max bid was $61. I got an email that I'd been outbid and when I almost immediately looked the current bid was (and still is) $65. The bid also has the auto-bid icon. I can't figure out a scenario in which that could reasonably happen. If you want the lot number I'll send it PM. I'm reluctant to post it publicly. And, again, this isn't the first time in the past couple of months that I've noticed this.

cuttslam wrote:





Maaaybe. You got outbid by one person who bid 63$...., and then that person got outbid by someone who bid 65$. And you both got emails that you was outbid....


:-k


Users browsing this topic