bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Just came across this audio, with photos, of ZZ Top from back in 1973.

I thought it was pretty cool.



🍺
Palama
9 years ago
Saw them in January '73 when they opened up for the Stones.

They only had two albums at that time but they played songs from "Tres Hombres" as well as the first two. Great show!
namadio
9 years ago
I've been trying to grow their beards for a few years now but I always wimp out at about nipple length and give it a trim. Yeah. Nipples.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
ZZ who?

...really, I know the name and I know I have heard songs by them, but couldn't tell you one song by them. I assume they were big before I graced this earth with my presence or I was too young to have any clue about them.

What kind of name is ZZ Top anyways?
tonygraz
9 years ago
So it's official - Hank was born yesterday.
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago

ZZ who?

...really, I know the name and I know I have heard songs by them, but couldn't tell you one song by them. I assume they were big before I graced this earth with my presence or I was too young to have any clue about them.

What kind of name is ZZ Top anyways?

Hank_The_Tank wrote:





Just Got Paid


Cheap Sunglasses


Party On The Patio


Arrested For Driving While Blind


If after listening to those you don't find something worthy of toe tapping, drinking and dancing...there is no hope for you. Go back to your Dave Matthews yodeling crapfest.
elRopo
9 years ago
"We've been doing this for so long we're starting to get good!" - Billy Gibbons
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago

"We've been doing this for so long we're starting to get good!" - Billy Gibbons

elRopo wrote:




That lil' band from Tejas!:-"
Speyside
9 years ago
My favorite is La Grange. They have never said what zz top means to the best of my knowledge.
elRopo
9 years ago
ZZ = Zig Zag

Top = Top

Rolling papers maybe??
teedubbya
9 years ago
I can not communicate with anyone who doesn't know ZZ.

Hank you are dead to me lol.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

I can not communicate with anyone who doesn't know ZZ.

Hank you are dead to me lol.

teedubbya wrote:



I don't know a lot of music from before 1990 unless my dad listened to it...which is why I love Steppenwolf.
jjanecka
9 years ago
ALRIGHT BOYS GET THE ROPE
teedubbya
9 years ago

I don't know a lot of music from before 1990 unless my dad listened to it...which is why I love Steppenwolf.

Hank_The_Tank wrote:




Oh so you are ghey. I didn't realize that. It's cool.
fiddler898
9 years ago
Never heard of them. Guess that makes me a Rough Boy.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db94lyKYOcg
Just Got Paid


Cheap Sunglasses


Party On The Patio


Arrested For Driving While Blind


If after listening to those you don't find something worthy of toe tapping, drinking and dancing...there is no hope for you. Go back to your Dave Matthews yodeling crapfest.

DrMaddVibe wrote:



I enjoyed all of those songs, just have never heard any of them before. Although, not quite sure how you dance to that...but that might just be my age showing.
tonygraz
9 years ago
I remember a contest on SNL where father Guido Sarducci called ZZ top the winner, not sure if that was the same night he had the "find the pope in the pizza contest". It was before your time, Hank.
MACS
9 years ago


Gimme all your lovin'...



Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!!
dkeage
9 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae829mFAGGE

Gimme all your lovin'...



Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!!

MACS wrote:





https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KCLXy-vSu3o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WPTfIPHLUcw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TX3l06JLfzA


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eEsMDk6mQdI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YqwpLVrmokY

^. This one should make crazy Hanks head explode...
Whistlebritches
9 years ago
Mexican Black Bird...........been my fave since around 75

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QH0zGMk0Q40
Users browsing this topic