gummy jones
9 years ago
back to reality
dstieger
9 years ago
coinky....I self diagnosed my own plantar fasciitis just yesterday.....heel pain that I've ignored for weeks is moving past annoying into sorta getting in the way of stuff.

Might see a doc....which I don't normally do unless its an ER doc


Can't afford it right now, tho.....busted sink valve while out for entire day....flooded the two floors below....going to be a painful next few weeks....restoration guys are good, tho and got a great jump on ripping all the ceilings, drywall and carpets....I think the hardwood floors will need to start coming up today
tamapatom
9 years ago
Heel inserts in your shoes help and not walking around barefoot.
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
I use the PowerStep inserts - about $30 for the half-sole that fits in dress shoes, a bit more for the full. Works like a charm.

Tom, how's the arm?
victor809
9 years ago
This sounds like a buch of guys trying to justify wearing lifts in their shoes....

SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
Every quarter inch helps. At least that what Mrs Monkey said....
gummy jones
9 years ago
Phone just autocorrect thanks to Ghostbusters
I think I have a poltergeist
tamapatom
9 years ago

I use the PowerStep inserts - about $30 for the half-sole that fits in dress shoes, a bit more for the full. Works like a charm.

Tom, how's the arm?

SmokeMonkey wrote:



Well after two visits to the doctor, he gave up and sent me to a surgeon to remove the deep imbedded anchoring stitch that he couldn't figure how to get out. The surgeon said do you want me to leave it in or do you want me to take it out. What? Like I have the expertise to know whether I want it left inside my arm? Geez.

I said take it out. He basically knifed everthing back open and put a band aid on it leaving a new gaping wound. I said why don't you use steristrips. He siad he thought he had some of those around and made a feeble attempt leaving almost a 1/4 wide opening. I said "can't you pull the sides closer together" and his response was "Do you think you can do better yourself?". My thought was "yes".

I went home and pulled the skin together and applied 6 long steristrips to hold it together leaving only about a 1/32 inch gap along the entire 4" cut. Its been about ten days and its almost healed. I want to leave them as long as I can and I am peeling them off one by one. Down to 4. It's looking real good if i say so myself. Thanks for asking.
danmdevries
9 years ago
Mowed what I could before the workweek starts back up. Half the yard is soup, can't even make it through on foot. Got stuck in a few new mud soup holes that weren't there in years past. Keeps getting wetter every year. Swamp is reclaiming my land I spose. House and barn fell over a while ago down the hill from me. Probably gonna get here eventually
victor809
9 years ago
Damn... anyone else read Dan's posts and think... well... my life could be worse.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Mowed what I could before the workweek starts back up. Half the yard is soup, can't even make it through on foot. Got stuck in a few new mud soup holes that weren't there in years past. Keeps getting wetter every year. Swamp is reclaiming my land I spose. House and barn fell over a while ago down the hill from me. Probably gonna get here eventually

danmdevries wrote:



You've got gold here, Dan.

You've got half a country song written. Finish strong!
MACS
9 years ago
Dan's yard is soupy,
The swamp has reclaimed the yard,
Tragic country tune.
dkeage
9 years ago
If you keep talking country music, Hank won't come back! =d>
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

If you keep talking country music, Hank won't come back! =d>

dkeage wrote:



Who's hank?
elRopo
9 years ago
If it was bad
It will be back.

Murphy's Law # ??
danmdevries
9 years ago
Country music sucks.

So do swamps.

Dug up some clay from the top of the hill, jammed it in a couple soup holes. Topped with a bit of black dirt and some grass seed. Might buy some time. Might do nothing.
victor809
9 years ago
.... keep this in mind if you ever need to dispose of... a body... or something body sized and maybe body density...

If your back yard is gradually going swamp that may not be the best place to do it...

.... just saying.... you know... for the future...

... how's your wife doing anyway?... no particular reason....
8trackdisco
9 years ago
Fire up the Tuesday Party Train.
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
Good morning, y'all. Another day in paradise.
danmdevries
9 years ago
Lolz vic.

I'm well aware, as the ground likes to spit up all sorts of stuff with the spring thaw.

Birthed a bundle of barbed wire last year. This year was the usual, broken and intact Gordon's gin bottles. Dunno how many I've found over the years.
Users browsing this topic