delta1
9 years ago
+1 ^^^ 👍 🍺 🇨🇮 🌫


Got a natural gas grill for steaks, burgers, chops, chicken and fish, plus veggies. Love the smoker for ribs, butts, brisket, tri-tip, fish, whole chickens and turkey. I've used the electric smoker for so long with great results that I'm reluctant to switch. Gonna experiment making jerky.

No GFI...gonna have to fix that...
elRopo
9 years ago

+1 ^^^ 👍 🍺 🇨🇮 🌫


Got a natural gas grill for steaks, burgers, chops, chicken and fish, plus veggies. Love the smoker for ribs, butts, brisket, tri-tip, fish, whole chickens and turkey. I've used the electric smoker for so long with great results that I'm reluctant to switch. Gonna experiment making jerky.

No GFI...gonna have to fix that...

delta1 wrote:



Had an electric many years ago, don't remember the brand but it looked like a galvanized trash can.

Had the same problem with breakers. GFCI are safest but very finicky. Couple of times it tripped in the middle of a cook and I didn't catch it right away. Ended up putting a lamp on the circuit so I could see it from a distance.

It cooked well and I used it until i loaned it to one of my kids and it....never came back.

For me the WSM is the best choice. I can load it up and literally forget about it for eight hours. It just chugs along at 225° without any attention from me.

I also have a offset pipe smoker that I haven't used since I got the WSM, just use it to store pans and utensils in. If it wasn't so damned heavy I'd prolly haul it out to the curb.


o:)
MACS
9 years ago
Yep... once you get the bottom vents dialed in, it's pretty effortless.
8trackdisco
9 years ago
Here we go Wednesday.
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
Good morning, y'all
DrafterX
9 years ago
😎 Dudes..
gummy jones
9 years ago
good morning
Speyside
9 years ago
tonygraz
9 years ago
Mornin' - It's National Amaretto Day, National Garlic Day, National Hanging Out Day and National Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day.

A little cold this morning for me to have it hanging out.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

Mornin' - It's National Amaretto Day, National Garlic Day, National Hanging Out Day and National Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day.

A little cold this morning for me to have it hanging out.

tonygraz wrote:




I got nothing.
RMAN4443
9 years ago

I got nothing.

bgz wrote:




Well then you probably won't be hanging it out..... 😰
dstieger
9 years ago

I got nothing.

bgz wrote:



Hank surrogate?
victor809
9 years ago
Poor hank...
delta1
9 years ago
He may have been a shorty, he may've been heavy, he may've been unsteady, but he never said he was poor...
DrafterX
9 years ago
pizza pizza.... 😟
victor809
9 years ago
Mom's back in hospice. No longer can swallow without aspirating... so the options are feeding tube or hospice. Looks like this is coming to an end.
gummy jones
9 years ago
lifted legs today (including squats) for the first time in months
i feel awful
tamapatom
9 years ago

Mom's back in hospice. No longer can swallow without aspirating... so the options are feeding tube or hospice. Looks like this is coming to an end.

victor809 wrote:


Been down this road. Feel for you.
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Mom's back in hospice. No longer can swallow without aspirating... so the options are feeding tube or hospice. Looks like this is coming to an end.

victor809 wrote:


how aware is she? and your father

rough stuff Victor, sorry brother. You've given a lot more than many would...or could.
victor809
9 years ago
Unknown... basically only stares forward... or stares at you...
Can't communicate in any way including facial expressions.

One has no idea how much she understands of anything said to or around her.

I don't think I've done much. But life has a way of ensuring i was only able to travel there rather than move.
Users browsing this topic