tonygraz
9 years ago

or I could just go buy a standing rib roast... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



The last time I cooked one at home the house smelled for weeks - it was good tho and the Mrs. made some Yorkshire Pudding to go along with it.
tonygraz
9 years ago

Mornin' - It's National Babe Ruth Day, National Prime Rib Day, National Tell a Story Day and National Take Our Sons and Daughters to Work Day.
NapalmMan67
9 years ago
Morning all. This week has been grinding, I despise end of the month inventory at work. Back to shuffling paperwork, yay....


Everyone have a day.
SteveS
9 years ago
And, it's civil war general and former president U.S. Grants birthday today ... 195 years young ...
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

Mornin' - It's National Take Our Sons and Daughters to eat a Prime Rib and Tell have that talk about baseball nobody wants to talk to their kids about Day.

tonygraz wrote:


elRopo
9 years ago

wouldnt the fridge be too cold for proper dry aging?

gummy jones wrote:


Around 38° is perfect.
Do a bit of reading and make a Tupperware container with holes for air circulation and a rack for the meat.
Put paper towels under the rack and change them every day.
Its a bit of a chore but the results are worth the effort IMO.

I aged a rib roast (7 ribs) for Xmas and spit roasted it. Most awesome prime rib ever.
teedubbya
9 years ago
February 8, 1820 is a birth date we should all celebrate every year
MACS
9 years ago

February 8, 1820 is a birth date we should all celebrate every year

teedubbya wrote:



William Tecumseh Sherman's birthday. You do realize, now that jetblasted is gone, 98.2% of posters will not get your reference, right?
teedubbya
9 years ago

William Tecumseh Sherman's birthday. You do realize, now that jetblasted is gone, 98.2% of posters will not get your reference, right?

MACS wrote:




That actually makes it better
MACS
9 years ago
Hank is lurking... I seen him. His month is almost up. I think he's off the hook tomorrow or Saturday.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Taco Bell... 🤔

got 3 free tacos tho... Bassards were suppose to give me Taco Supremes but tried to give me regular tacos... When I confronted them with the look they made things right and told me to keep the others too... 👍
MACS
9 years ago
I could go for some free tacos right about now... 😟
DrafterX
9 years ago
I ate them all.... 😞
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
I prefer to eat tacos without drippy white stuff on them.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Before mad cow disease was a thing, taco bell used to buy a lot of "finely textured beef"... it was actually just particulate from the bone cannon, meaning bones that had been removed during butchering were placed into a contraption that would extricate the remaining bits of meat along with some blood and occasionally a chip of bone... And taco bell bought that stuff... a lot of it... they loved it almost as much as McDonald's loved downer cattle meat...
DrafterX
9 years ago
well aware.... but sometimes you gotta just say F'ck it... 😟
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
ya I'm with you on that... only place I really absolutely won't eat is mcdonalds... it's been many many years and my children are unaware of its existence...
DrafterX
9 years ago
I'll hit it about once a month or so... usually a breakfas biscuit and coffee tho... 😟
tamapatom
9 years ago
A friend was living in China and saw beef on the menu at an upcharge. He was excited to eat real beef again but when they brought out his meal it was not beef. He said this is not beef. They said yes it is. They argued a bit. Then he said take it back and bring me the pork. His plate went back in the kitchen and came back out looking the same. Here is your pork..................he wondered if it was either.
DrafterX
9 years ago
well, when in Rome.... 😟
Users browsing this topic