Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Group of outlets went out in the living room and back yard... electrician is booked solid for 2 months... out of frustration i went out back and slammed the outdoor outlet cover closed a few times... outlets are working again...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



...sketchy...
DrafterX
9 years ago
footlong chili cheese-dog with tots... 😁
DrafterX
9 years ago

Group of outlets went out in the living room and back yard... electrician is booked solid for 2 months... out of frustration i went out back and slammed the outdoor outlet cover closed a few times... outlets are working again...

opelmanta1900 wrote:




outlet cover or breaker box door..?? 🤔

were the outlets recently added..?? 😕
danmdevries
9 years ago

Danless. Ramless.

Damn.

8trackdisco wrote:



I'm back to work tomorrow so I'll be checking in when I take my midday break to change my socks.

Ram got new job with different and longer hours.

Morning/afternoon fellas
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

outlet cover or breaker box door..?? 🤔

were the outlets recently added..?? 😕

DrafterX wrote:



outlet cover... house was built in the 60's... same thing happened a year ago, electrician came out and said that outlet basically just has a wire that loosely rests in a hole, or something like that... I dunno nothing bout lalectrical stuffs... I just slam things...
DrafterX
9 years ago
you can buy a new outlet for a dollar at the hardware store... takes about 3 minutes to replace.... I don't know why the electrician didn't do it a year a go.... maybe he wants your house to burn down or somethin.. 😟
RMAN4443
9 years ago

you can buy a new outlet for a dollar at the hardware store... takes about 3 minutes to replace.... I don't know why the electrician didn't do it a year a go.... maybe he wants your house to burn down or somethin.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:



Make sure you turn the breaker off before replacing the outlet...........could be a "shocking" experience if you don't 😰
MACS
9 years ago
Yeah... I installed a ceiling fan in my living room. Turned off the switch thinking that'd do it... but it was wired for the fan AND the light. So I did the 120 shuffle on an 8 foot ladder. Thankfully the breaker tripped and I didn't electrocute my damn self. 😨
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
Mrs Monkey's Jeep died - prolly the alternator. We seem go go through them often at the Monkey House.
DrafterX
9 years ago
120 wouldn't have hurt you anyways... 😟
NapalmMan67
9 years ago
Yeah, the worst 120 would do is give ya a hairdo like Buckwheat's avatar.
DrafterX
9 years ago
yep... I've been hit by 120 about a hundred times and I'm fine... 😟
NapalmMan67
9 years ago

Mrs Monkey's Jeep died - prolly the alternator. We seem go go through them often at the Monkey House.

SmokeMonkey wrote:



Jeeps or Mrs?
NapalmMan67
9 years ago

yep... I've been hit by 120 about a hundred times and I'm fine... 😟

DrafterX wrote:




Or not. You still hang out on this site.
DrafterX
9 years ago
I'm just waiting for CROS... 😟
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago

Jeeps or Mrs?

NapalmMan67 wrote:



Valid question. Disappointingly, the answer is alternators.
DrafterX
9 years ago
I went thru 3 of them in my Burb before they determined my gauge was bad.... 🤦
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
I've replaced one on my boys' car two years ago, alternator belts on it last year, belts on the Jeep 3 years ago. My car is still holding up (knock on virtual wood).
DrafterX
9 years ago
My voltmeter was showing 18-20 somethin volts all the time. the were afraid I was gonna blow up my battery or electronics... for some reason the gauge would behave itself for a month or so and then go nuts again... after the third alternator they took a closer look at stuff... 😟
tonygraz
9 years ago
Evenin' - dunno what happened to my morning national days post- so here it goes again:
National Foster Care Day, National Life Insurance Day and National Truffle Day.

Hope you didn't miss out on the truffles when you had lunch with the tots,Drafter.
Users browsing this topic