MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/18/chris-cornell-lead-singer-soundgarden-dies-at-52.html

Probably one of the best vocalists I have ever heard. Only 52 years old...

MACS wrote:



Wow...

Actually know this one.
Speyside
9 years ago
Sad, may he rest in peace.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
Too bad, he was by far the best vocalist of his generation. Soundgarden was by far the best band during the "grunge" era, I considered them just a rock band.
danmdevries
9 years ago
Sads. Just saw that.
DrafterX
9 years ago
If you listen to the wind you can still hear him play.... 😟
Whistlebritches
9 years ago
Cause I fell on black days
I fell on black days
How would I know
That this could be my fate?
How would I know
That this could be my fate?


MojoFilter
9 years ago
What a supremely great talent. What a damned shame.

Like a Stone

On a cobweb afternoon
In a room full of emptiness
By a freeway I confess
I was lost in the pages
Of a book full of death
Reading how we'll die alone
And if we're good, we'll lay to rest
Anywhere we want to go
In your house I long to be
Room by room patiently
I'll wait for you there
Like a stone
I'll wait for you there
Alone
On my deathbed I will pray
To the gods and the angels
Like a pagan to anyone
Who will take me to heaven
To a place I recall
I was there so long ago
The sky was bruised
The wine was bled
And there you led me on
In your house I long to be
Room by room patiently
I'll wait for you there
Like a stone
I'll wait for you there
Alone
Alone
bs_kwaj
9 years ago

Anybody heard why he did it yet?

Maybe it was Randy Quaid's Hollywood Star Whackers. 🤔

🍺
kombat96
9 years ago
Hung himself
Choooch
9 years ago
Absolute beast on the mic,RIP
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago


Kinda sums it up.


Love the nuanced 2 guitars. The drums just assail like Bonham raised from the dead. The vocals start in a croon and end up in a primal scream mode that echoes with the tempo of the song. Ben is absent until they get to the chorus then he's keeping it all together.


SAdly...this was from Soundgarden's last concert. Their last song.



Slaves and Bulldozers fused with "In My Time Of Dying" by Led Zeppelin. Check out the lyrics...

Every word I said is what I mean
Every word I said is what I mean
Everything I gave is what I need
Virgin eyes and dirty looks
On what I have and why I took
Counting all the hands I shook
Now I know why you've been shaking
Now I know why you've been shaking
So bleed your heart out
There's no more rides for free
Bleed your heart out
I said what's in it for me
Everything I've held is what I've freed
Everything I've held is what I've freed
Everything I've shown is what I feel
Burying lies and stealing jokes
And laughing every time I choke
Biding all the time you took
Now I know why you've been taken
Now I know why you've been taken
So bleed your heart out
There's no more rides for free
Bleed your heart out
I said what's in it for me


A foretelling into what was going on in his skull? Who really knows. Fame isn't some remedy for instant happiness. Money can't fix everything. I always thought he was a tortured soul for writing the lyrics he did but thought he had whipped the demons that strapped him down.


Here's the whole last show. The band (which who knows what happens to them now???) was ON FIRE. I saw them open up for NIN and it was almost the same setlist delivered with the same ferocity and professionalism one would expect.



Read this while listening to it.
http://www.metrotimes.com/city-slang/archives/2017/05/18/live-review-soundgarden-at-the-fox-on-monday-may-17 


RIP Chris. Suffer no more.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
dstieger
9 years ago
Eddy has got to be looking over his shoulder .....Kurt, Andrew, Chris, Scott, Layne....grunge might be old...but it didn't really have to be DEAD, did it...****


Stinkdyr
9 years ago
Depression and drugs are a dangerous mix.

🌫
delta1
9 years ago
RIP Mr. Cornell
Users browsing this topic