DrafterX
9 years ago
Anti-nazis got twisted into the anti-statue crowd.. those are who I'm against.. I don't hate the anti-nazis... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
teedubbya
9 years ago
I just don't get the relevance Macs. It's nothing more than a yea but to me.

Admittedly I didn't read the article so apologize for the brown part. I made an assumption and am wrong for doing so. I don't even know the color of the shooter.

But Chicago does get tossed into the ring fairly frequently as a focus on this not that method. And the this is what the black folk are doing to themselves.
gummy jones
9 years ago
nazi = bad
anti nazi = good
that is pretty simple

but the reality is not that simple
antifa is now the violent, political arm of the far left

if they only showed up when the knuckle draggers showed up i wouldnt have a problem (assuming it was all peaceful of course)

bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
I like how it's always so black and white with some people. If you're not appalled by WS protesting, then you're a sympathizer and probably a KKK member, what a load of sh1t, get off your high horse.

WS with a permit and lawfully protesting something stupid (no matter how stupid it is)... I'm good with.
The Antifa fascist organization (ironic isn't it) protesting with a permit or otherwise keeping it legal... I'm good with.
Them showing up with bats and crowbars and stuff threatening violence? Not so much (they probably weren't legal)..

Some deranged fk getting in his entry level Challenger ramming through said protesters (who were probably not being lawful)... not good with it, would have been epic if he did it in a hellcat... but base model, not so much. Don't get me wrong, it would still be bad, and I would still be like, what a dk and not be cool with it... but come on, admit it, would have been pretty epic if he did it in a hellcat.

Ripping down a statue and destroying property that does not belong to you? Not cool with.

The message is irrelevant... if you make exceptions to the law for the lawless because you agree with their beliefs, then you are an anarchist.

It takes greater courage to support the rights of those you despise.
MACS
9 years ago
Teedub - You see things how you want. I'm not supporting nazi's. I don't condone the idiot who rammed his car into people and killed and injured them. I don't support any of their ideas or ideology. I think they're hate-mongering ass holes just like most people.

There is no, 'yea but'. They were legally protesting. Let them. In fact, let them and ignore them. Don't give the idiots a second thought.

The counter protest should have been allowed as well... in a different area, or on a different day. The authorities should have done better in keeping them apart.

We have an epidemic in Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit... killings that happen daily. We focus on this one incident because it is divisive. What needs to be addressed more, some hate-filled idiots who were demonstrating or gangs actually killing each other and terrorizing their own neighborhoods daily?
dstieger
9 years ago



The counter protest should have been allowed as well... in a different area, or on a different day. The authorities should have done better in keeping them apart.

MACS wrote:




I haven't dug into it....or seen in-depth, verified reporting...but I did hear VA Gov, and VA Atty Gen both say that local authorities did attempt to change venue to allow for better protection, segregation, etc. But a lawsuit was won allowing the protest to occur downtown where they requested to have it. State tried to move it to a large park they could adequately police, but were thwarted by courts
teedubbya
9 years ago
But we do focus on the Chicago issue etc. daily im actually working on it professionally. I am sensative to the false narrative. To continually throw it out in threads like this one is a tactic. Maybe not intentionally by you but it is a yea but tactic. It's almost always used to say don't worry about what others are doing to them look what they are doing to themselves. Welfare too. Have the discussion.... fine. But where and when it is placed is telling even if not intentionally done that way. It's mimicked at times without much thought. It's not an attempt to address something it's a tool.

Bgz I agree with much of what you said. I think in this instance factually some of it may not have been established (like who crossed the legal line and when) but I take no issue playing it down the middle to an extent. I can appreciate your fencepost.

But many are selective when doing so and I've already given examples. And when you are then the message is relevant. If you consistently are not selective I can buy your logic.
teedubbya
9 years ago
And I am biased. I have no sympathy for the kkk or nazis. No more than I do for alquaeda (so) or Isis. I have nothing against white folk, brown folk, Christian's or Muslims though. Just their zealots.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
I try to stay pretty consistent (I think if you dug through my posts, you would probably find that I am).

Anyway, like the nick name. bzzzZzzZzZzZz
DrafterX
9 years ago
When protesters, angry over the deadly incidents in Virginia this weekend, decided to take down a nearly century-old statue of a Confederate soldier in North Carolina on Monday, law enforcement stood back and watched.

At no time did officers with the Durham Police Department or deputies with the Durham County Sheriffโ€™s Office intervene as activists brought a ladder up to the statue and used a rope to pull it down, according to multiple media reports.

No one was arrested Monday, however, a day later, Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews announced investigators were working to identify the protesters and planned to bring criminal charges against them.

โ€œWe decided that restraint and public safety would be our priority,โ€ Andrews said in a statement posted on his agency's website. โ€œAs the Sheriff, I am not blind to the offensive conduct of some demonstrators nor will I ignore their criminal conduct.โ€

He continued: โ€œMy deputies showed great restraint and respect for the constitutional rights of the group expressing their anger and disgust for recent events in our country. Racism and incivility have no place in our country or Durham.โ€

Calls seeking additional comment were not immediately returned Tuesday.

The Confederate Soldiers Monument in Durham was dedicated in 1924 and shows a soldier holding a rifle. After it came down, a diverse crowd of dozens cheered, and some even began kicking the crumpled bronze monument.

Some took pictures standing or sitting on the toppled soldier, in front of a pedestal inscribed with the words: "In Memory of the Boys Who Wore The Gray.โ€


Justice at 11... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ



and this wasn't even a statue of a specific evil slave owner general or anything... ๐Ÿค
teedubbya
9 years ago
Drafter is sure obsessed with statues.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Admittedly I'm having the same issue I point out in others.

I tend to be more focused on the hate speach etc of the white supremacists etc and the violence/murder than I am the vandalism.

It is telling about where I stand. Both are wrong, so I accept everyone in here knows the kkk or nazi stuff is sort of bad. It's just I do find one more repulsive than the other which is why I fixate more one way.

I guess I'm not on the post.
delta1
9 years ago

I try to stay pretty consistent (I think if you dug through my posts, you would probably find that I am).

Anyway, like the nick name. bzzzZzzZzZzZz

bgz wrote:




ohhhh...I thought you were a fan of the Brothers Gibb...somebody help me, I'm stayin alive...
teedubbya
9 years ago
Auto correct that I deleted.

Bisexual Gorrila Zoologist
delta1
9 years ago
If we're doing mea culpas...I apologize (burner, hope you read this) for implying that all Trump supporters and conservatives are Neo Nazi racists...I personally know many Trump supporters and conservatives, and they are not... I can actually sit down, talk with, and share food, drink and smoke with them. I've been to Florida and enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness of the people there. I consider abrignac, from LA, the South, a fine man and a friend.


I give Trump credit for actually doing something that has motivated members of both parties to unite and stand together...


...another thing: are the people who argue that America is justified for its shameful treatment of native Americans, including forcing them into segregation in barren lands and destruction of sacred ground, because they won and the Indians lost...are there any of them who express outrage that statues of leaders of the South in the Civil War, not sacred ground, statues, are being removed...Opel's point about the Falcons summed it up best...choosing one's lovable losers in history seems hypocritical...

...How would many Americans feel if any Japanese Hawaiians don the Rising Son and military regalia of the Emperor and in a celebratory fashion, re-enact the attack at Pearl Harbor...
DrafterX
9 years ago
that would be gay... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Hey, don't hate on the bisexual gorillas man, after all, they're big hairy primates just like you.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Who said anything negative?
delta1
9 years ago
...hmmmm...didn't know Jane swung both ways...
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Delta, I've had arguments on both sides of the Natives battle.

My Mom and I would have conversations about that when I was younger (she's a full blooded Sioux), and I proposed the scenario to her of the Indians advancing and crossing the pond first. My argument was, it would be the same sh17, different side of the lake.

She said, but natives were peaceful, so it would have been different. I was like, tell that to the Crows ๐Ÿ™‚
Users browsing this topic