8trackdisco
9 years ago

would that be Angel's Share or Devil's Cut?

and Tito's is swill

Wheel

frankj1 wrote:



Wheel, you undead sob, good to hear from you!

Meeting you in person was a huge disappointment. You weren't nearly the ashehole I thought you were!

Devils Cut has no balance. Just pure heat. Angels Envy? What would you know about that?
MACS
9 years ago
Took the day off today... woke up too early, took the boat in for some fiberglass and seal repairs, changed the oil in my truck, got the tires rotated and balanced, had the front brakes changed, and even had time to go to an out of area BevMo to buy a dozen Ayinger Oktoberfest Marzen pints, and a case of Paulaner Oktoberfest Wiesn.

I am frickin' whooped. But I did visit the local shpo for a smoke while my brakes were being done.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Took the day off today... woke up too early, took the boat in for some fiberglass and seal repairs, changed the oil in my truck, got the tires rotated and balanced, had the front brakes changed, and even had time to go to an out of area BevMo to buy a dozen Ayinger Oktoberfest Marzen pints, and a case of Paulaner Oktoberfest Wiesn.

I am frickin' whooped. But I did visit the local shpo for a smoke while my brakes were being done.

MACS wrote:


^
Hey,
Why didn't you tell me about Hacker-Pshorr Octoberfest?

I like that.
MACS
9 years ago

^
Hey,
Why didn't you tell me about Hacker-Pshorr Octoberfest?

I like that.

8trackdisco wrote:



I've not tried that particular beer... so that's why.

If you can find the Paulaner Oktoberfest Wiesn... you'll really like that.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

I've not tried that particular beer... so that's why.

If you can find the Paulaner Oktoberfest Wiesn... you'll really like that.

MACS wrote:



Kolsche and Oktoberfests are fun for me. Plus, I get stupid(ER) quick and cheap!
MACS
9 years ago
The case of Wiesn was $50... not quite cheap.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

The case of Wiesn was $50... not quite cheap.

MACS wrote:



What does Wiesn mean?

White?
Wheat?
danmdevries
9 years ago

Did you get your vasectomy yet?

8trackdisco wrote:



Nope. wife still against it. Did talk to another urologist, he said if over 30 and already have kid(s) he'll do it without spousal signature.

Also not leaving my job anytime soon. Was gong to be moving to a different hospital group that was church affiliated and therefore would not cover the snip under their insurance. So, not in a rush.

But as much as I hate the politics at my place, I essentially have 30 weeks of vacation a year. That's REALLY hard to walk away from.
danmdevries
9 years ago

What does Wiesn mean?

White?
Wheat?

8trackdisco wrote:



Yes
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Nope. wife still against it. Did talk to another urologist, he said if over 30 and already have kid(s) he'll do it without spousal signature.

Also not leaving my job anytime soon. Was gong to be moving to a different hospital group that was church affiliated and therefore would not cover the snip under their insurance. So, not in a rush.

But as much as I hate the politics at my place, I essentially have 30 weeks of vacation a year. That's REALLY hard to walk away from.

danmdevries wrote:



Nice on the spousal non concent. Especially with her track record.

30 weeks?!

I get four and I can't afford to take that much time away. Guess patients don't pile up, waiting for you to return.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Yes

danmdevries wrote:



Deal breaker. Don't care for wheat beer.
MACS
9 years ago

Deal breaker. Don't care for wheat beer.

8trackdisco wrote:



No. Wiesn is the 'meadow' where Oktoberfest takes place. It is a traditional Oktoberfest, not a wheat. You will like it.

The Wiesn is lighter than the amber colored marzen.
danmdevries
9 years ago

Nice on the spousal non concent. Especially with her track record.

30 weeks?!

I get four and I can't afford to take that much time away. Guess patients don't pile up, waiting for you to return.

8trackdisco wrote:



Well, we work 12 hr shifts, so I do 7 on 7 off. Or 6 on 8 off. So 26 weeks there. I'm putting in the 80 hours, but in 6-7 days, so that I get the next 7-8 days off.

Then 180 hours a year of paid time off. Combo sick/vacation/etc. So about 4 weeks there. I never use it, and it rolls over. Anything over 360 hours gets paid out at the new year, so I get a nice 4 week bonus check at the end of the year.

Doubt I'd find another employer willing to keep that arrangement... It was part of the agreement when I came back on full time after I'd dropped to part time and worked elsewhere fulltime in 2015. They were begging for me to come back, so I got it in writing that I'd do straight nights, Wed-Tues every other week.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Well, we work 12 hr shifts, so I do 7 on 7 off. Or 6 on 8 off. So 26 weeks there. I'm putting in the 80 hours, but in 6-7 days, so that I get the next 7-8 days off.

Then 180 hours a year of paid time off. Combo sick/vacation/etc. So about 4 weeks there. I never use it, and it rolls over. Anything over 360 hours gets paid out at the new year, so I get a nice 4 week bonus check at the end of the year.

Doubt I'd find another employer willing to keep that arrangement... It was part of the agreement when I came back on full time after I'd dropped to part time and worked elsewhere fulltime in 2015. They were begging for me to come back, so I got it in writing that I'd do straight nights, Wed-Tues every other week.

danmdevries wrote:



Ah. I get it.
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
Good win for Miami. A couple of nice cigars and vodkas. You know you're getting older when your bed is calling you at 9:30.
MACS
9 years ago

Good win for Miami. A couple of nice cigars and vodkas. You know you're getting older when your bed is calling you at 9:30.

SmokeMonkey wrote:



What if it's calling me at 7:45? Should I sign up for AARP and start going to the early blue plate dinner specials?
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
I can't criticize, I've been in bed that early (adjusting for time zones) plenty of times recently.
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
And a G'mar Hatima Tova to frank and our other Jewish contingent before I fall asleep. I'm assuming it's a sundown to sundown thing, but if I'm honest, I don't know for sure.
danmdevries
9 years ago
Hello Saturday dudes
SmokeMonkey
9 years ago
Good morning, y'all
Users browsing this topic