SmokeMonkey
7 years ago

you should post more often, monkeyman. Your unique minority view deserves to be heard and would likely be enlightening to those of us on both sides who think we already know everything.

frankj1 wrote:



After a bizzaro run in with a board member that doesnโ€™t post much anymore, I opted to limit my contributions to the political threads.
frankj1
7 years ago

After a bizzaro run in with a board member that doesnโ€™t post much anymore, I opted to limit my contributions to the political threads.

SmokeMonkey wrote:


DMV?
don't worry about him, he's fine.
DrafterX
7 years ago
For sure, we shared some Cubans food once... ๐Ÿ‘
delta1
7 years ago
dude...with all that money you make, you still rip off some poor Cuban's food...kinda exemplifies our discussion in the "wealth redistribution" thread...."shared" is con code for took.............smh...
SmokeMonkey
7 years ago

DMV?
don't worry about him, he's fine.

frankj1 wrote:



Ha! Not DMV. It got really weird over PM.
delta1
7 years ago
this is not a real place...just a way station where you can throw stuff against the wall...all of the guys who express con views that I have met from this site are cool people whom I consider friends...
dstieger
7 years ago
To get this back on track.....Maybe the solution is to revoke statehood for Wyoming and Vermont. What have they done for us lately?
Maybe some criteria to remain a state in good standing....reviewed every 5 years or so....ND and AK are drilling and pumping...they can stay...at least until the oil runs out. But South Dakota? If we could move Mt. Rushmore, I'd say make them a territory.
DrafterX
7 years ago
Move Mt Rushmore..?? Wasn't it bad enough to deface a holy and sacred mountain..?? Now you want to move it too..??

Damn white dudes.. ๐Ÿค
dstieger
7 years ago
OK...leave it....I always harbored a secret sense that it is a bit kitschy anyway....didn't know it was important before it was....'defaced'.....but that was a pretty funny turn of phrase
dstieger
7 years ago
I get it. Reconciling our history with Native Americans is difficult. But is Rushmore much different than any other square inch of the country that once belonged to Native Americans?
In fact, maybe it could be argued that the Sioux actively surrendered their claims when they chose to fight rather than assimilate. May not have been a fair war, but the world's history is pretty consistently filled with conquering empires gaining all rights to conquered lands.
By the way, the article doesn't say why the Mountain is sacred.....or I missed it. Was it more special than other mountains in the Black Hills?
DrafterX
7 years ago
That's where CROS' family is from... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
dstieger
7 years ago
Good article here.....I think.....anyway, I enjoyed it...thanks for the lesson, X
http://www.startribune.com/the-real-history-of-mount-rushmore/388715411/ 
DrafterX
7 years ago
Was a long time ago... I was just kiddin and stuff... Not somethin we wanna forget but no sense dwelling on it either... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
dstieger
7 years ago
I was kidding about dumping South Dakota, too....sorta
SmokeMonkey
7 years ago

this is not a real place...just a way station where you can throw stuff against the wall...all of the guys who express con views that I have met from this site are cool people whom I consider friends...

delta1 wrote:



Absolutely agree with this. I just opt to contain weirdness where I can control it. That said, I read most of the political threads, I just seldom comment.

Although off topic, I am a firm believer that any state (or the country as a whole) dramatically skewed in either direction is going to be governed less well that one with a near 50/50 split and the potential for corruption increases exponentially.
DrafterX
7 years ago
๐Ÿคฃ

I'm sure the Sioux would take it back... ๐Ÿคฃ


I think Wyoming had some heavy drilling going on a couple years ago too... ๐Ÿค”
frankj1
7 years ago

That's where CROS' family is from... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

DrafterX wrote:


what a great answer!
DrafterX
7 years ago
It's all I could think of... But the mountain was most likely a burial grounds or somethin... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
DrafterX
7 years ago
I remember asking Grandma about some old burial grounds I had heard of out at the Wichita Mountains.. she confirmed but strongly urged me to stay away so I did... I could prolly still find them tho... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
Users browsing this topic