tailgater
7 years ago

If you felt the need to point out something that obvious, then clearly someone needed to explain to you why it was obvious.

It's ok tail. Clearly you need special assistance in understanding things.

victor809 wrote:



And clearly you volunteered yet again for the a task that nobody asked for, wasn't needed, and won't do any good.
All you need to do is demand to get paid a fair amount for performing the unnecessary task and you've just become a spokes person for the democrat party.
Gender neutral, of course.

frankj1
7 years ago

It can only be done by Constitutional Amendment. The Amendment would have to pass BOTH the House and the Senate by a two thirds (66.67%) majority. It would then have to be ratified by 75% of the states. Ain't gonna happen.

David

Mrs. dpnewell wrote:


it has been done...I think
Speyside
7 years ago
Victor, you made some unique comments in this post. So I have a few questions to pose to you. Why would you consider the suburbs uncivilized? Do you think those in rural areas have no right to equal representation? And finally what system would you choose that would work better?
ZRX1200
7 years ago
Boy are the lunatic lefties SALTY......

Better watch that pendulum.
CruzJ
7 years ago

Victor, you made some unique comments in this post. So I have a few questions to pose to you. Why would you consider the suburbs uncivilized? Do you think those in rural areas have no right to equal representation? And finally what system would you choose that would work better?

Speyside wrote:



Was wondering the same thing myself.
Speyside
7 years ago
How does asking questions based on substantiated previous statements qualify me for the lunatic left? Or am I part of the lunatic left based on previous observed behavior?
ZRX1200
7 years ago
Bro.....wasn’t directed at you


My comment was directed at the subject at hand.
Speyside
7 years ago
Gotcha, my bad.
frankj1
7 years ago

Victor, you made some unique comments in this post. So I have a few questions to pose to you. Why would you consider the suburbs uncivilized? Do you think those in rural areas have no right to equal representation? And finally what system would you choose that would work better?

Speyside wrote:


I read V's post as at the time the Electoral College was adopted.
Suburbs were not as we know them today by a long shot.
Speyside
7 years ago
Was the farming done by slaves back then?
tailgater
7 years ago
Reparations!

Speyside
7 years ago
Reparate this!
delta1
7 years ago

Was the farming done by slaves back then?

Speyside wrote:



yes, but since slaves were property and not citizens they couldn't vote...

southern slave owning plantation owners knew they would always lose a numbers game to the more populated urban industrialized northern states...leveraged their influence because agriculture was a much more critical component to our infant country's economy...

got their slaves to count as 3/5 of a person...of course, the owner did not allow any of his slaves to vote, he used their numbers to vote multiple times...

part of the back-drop to the development of our republic and the electoral college...
rfenst
7 years ago
What ever happened to one man one vote?
frankj1
7 years ago
I got thrown outta my first college, partly because I was part of a subversive group that got a fictitious student elected student body president
I miss drugs.
Speyside
7 years ago
So you weren't part of the Chicago 7?
frankj1
7 years ago

So you weren't part of the Chicago 7?

Speyside wrote:


didn't show up for my interview
ZRX1200
7 years ago
Oh for FUXXXXS sake.......

Who wanted the 3/5ths????

You think the south wanted LESS votes? It was a compromise proposed by TWO NORTHERNERS.....to give the south more seats in the house than if slaves didn’t count. And it was a clever way to not let them dominate the UNITED states if they counted as a WHOLE vote......Jesus H Christ on a cracker

RMAN4443
7 years ago

Oh for FUXXXXS sake.......

Who wanted the 3/5ths????

You think the south wanted LESS votes? It was a compromise proposed by TWO NORTHERNERS.....to give the south more seats in the house than if slaves didn’t count. And it was a clever way to not let them dominate the UNITED states if they counted as a WHOLE vote......Jesus H Christ on a cracker

ZRX1200 wrote:


Cracker!!!! Is that some kind of sly racial slur???:-k

Racist!!![-(
Speyside
7 years ago
I guess I should have used the sarcasm emoji. I thought anyone would know my question was in jest. I seems I was wrong.
Users browsing this topic