delta1
7 years ago
I dunno spey...the right has retracted so far into an anti-science cocoon that it seems unlikely any serious expansive thinking by government entities will occur any time soon...an un-informed electorate is an easily led one...
opelmanta1900
7 years ago

(Opel, see posts 51 and 56)

victor809 wrote:


[-( No...
victor809
7 years ago
MACS
7 years ago

MACS. You missed the point of my question.

So why do you believe Monckton over other scientists? What about his academic credentials do you believe makes his statement more accurate than another?

I'll keep asking this question until you answer it about some scientist...

victor809 wrote:



I'll ask you the same question. Why do you believe the alarmists?

I believe him and the others who took the time to review the 97% consensus, break it down, and show that it was manipulated to the extreme. I believe him because he, and the other scientists in those videos, have specific climate science credentials unlike Bill Nye the science guy.

Can you dispute Dr. Ball's claim that the Earth has been hotter than today for 95% of the last 10,000 years?
delta1
7 years ago



Christopher Monckton is another who disputes 'global warming'.

MACS wrote:



Monckton, who has an MA in Literature/Classics and has a diploma in journalism, has no scientific training in his back-ground (read: ordinary opiner) has been widely dismissed by real scientists...

the lack of authentic students/practitioners of climate science who dispute climate change theories explains why someone like Monckton has been elevated to spokesperson for climate change skeptics...
victor809
7 years ago
... so it has nothing to do with his credentials, and only has to do with how he explained something to you?

I could put together a video clearly and concisely explaining how premarital sex caused the dinosaurs to become extinct. That doesn't mean I'm correct. Without any background in data analysis or statistics, how do you know he's telling you the truth?

And I didn't look at the videos. I will read a paper if you want to link one. Video is not a medium where actual data is shown.
opelmanta1900
7 years ago
I heard it was cuz you touched yurself... Same thing with volcanoes...
MACS
7 years ago
So why do you believe otherwise? Oh, so it has nothing to do with credentials... it's just how it was explained to you?

You bought into the 97% consensus?

I won't hold my breath waiting on your dinosaur video. Like most things, I assume you're just talking out your ass.
ZRX1200
7 years ago
New York Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday vowed to defund U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and said all Latino people must be exempt from immigration laws because they are “native” to U.S. lands as they are descendants of Native people.


She’s a treasure trove......
victor809
7 years ago
Oh my God.

MACS.
For f-ks sake.

That's who you believe is telling you the "truth"????

I had to look it up. Because I hate not knowing something. And I have to tell you I'm really really f-king disappointed.

I searched for Tim Ball's claim that it's been warmer 95% of the past 10k years. I get to an article he's posted a few times with the same graph since 2016.

The graph is central Greenland. He's using the temp in one location of the globe to "prove" global temps have been warmer 95% of the time?

That's problem number 1.

Problem number 2 (I had to look this up, because I started getting amazed that this is who you put up against people who publish data) apparently his "temperature today" he was measuring from is the 1855 temperature... So 0 is 1855 on his chart... He apparently misplaced the middle ages... And the little ice age.

(Note problem #2 is read from an analysis of this ball guy, I am not smart enough to pick this stuff out).

So... I don't know what to tell you MACS. But if you're watching videos on YouTube by guys who are literally misplacing the little ice age ... You may want to reconsider criticizing the actual climate scientists out there.
delta1
7 years ago
^ #70 ^only those who are 100% indigenous...no Pocahontas...
victor809
7 years ago
This Ball guys errors go deeper than what I just wrote.

There's a very good reason these people aren't accepted by academia... It doesn't have to do with them being "controversial".
opelmanta1900
7 years ago
What does a lumberjack with a speech impediment say?
deadeyedick
7 years ago

According to Dr. Tim Ball, an historic climatologist... It is a fact that our planet has been hotter than it is today for 95% of the last 10,000 years.

MACS wrote:



After reading through 10-12 books on climate change, I believe this statement to be mostly true.

The scientific community agrees with this through fossil records and hundreds of peer reviewed studies. This is why we find the remains of water creatures in the southwest deserts. It was under water thousands of years ago. But this statement says nothing about human induced climate change.

The other 5% of the hottest years have all been in the last century and continue to set records almost every year worldwide. Whether this is caused by humans or part of earth natural cycles is the question.
opelmanta1900
7 years ago
delta1
7 years ago
those two doctors on MASH seem pretty sharp...I'd trust them to operate on me if I got shot...

that autistic doctor on the Good Doctor is heart-wrenchingly talented...my daughter and SIL should take their kids to him when they are ill...

Monckton sure makes a compelling case for why climate science is a lie...he sounds so authentic and earnest...
MACS
7 years ago
Victor has spoken ya'll!

He hasn't refuted anything, mind you. Just posted a bunch of rubbish claiming Dr. Ball's credentials are no good and his deductions are faulty. So what are your credentials, Vic?
MACS
7 years ago

those two doctors on MASH seem pretty sharp...I'd trust them to operate on me if I got shot...

that autistic doctor on the Good Doctor is heart-wrenchingly talented...my daughter and SIL should take their kids to him when they are ill...

Monckton sure makes a compelling case for why climate science is a lie...he sounds so authentic and earnest...

delta1 wrote:



You should totally let them operate on you... don't even wait until you get shot.
ZRX1200
7 years ago
MABA

Make
Alexandria
Bartend
Again
Users browsing this topic