Sunoverbeach
6 years ago
Apparently made some BLM mocking posts on social media and is stepping down. My question is would this be a possible chance to change the level of quality that we've come to expect from Gurkha, or is the corporate system too ingrained for it to make any difference?

*Note* located in the cigar discussion forum. I care not whether he's evil for mocking BLM, utilizing his right to free speech, or stealing goats from Corey for sexy times
clickbangdead
6 years ago
Whatever will they do without his leadership, why, quality will just go right up the drain!
Sunoverbeach
6 years ago
Kinda what I was thinking. Maybe a few years from now, we'll all join Tony in a Gurkhafest
CelticBomber
6 years ago

Kinda what I was thinking. Maybe a few years from now, we'll all join Tony in a Gurkhafest

Sunoverbeach wrote:



You must be smoking some good stuff! They could start using the finest tobacco's known to man and roll them between the thighs of Victoria's Secret models... I still wouldn't jump on board. Too many memories of too many cigars going poof in my hands to ever lure me back. Every time I see someone in Hollywood smoking a Gurkha (There are many) I just laugh.
KingoftheCove
6 years ago
Hansotia “stepping down” as “Chairman” means absolutely nothing.
Gurks will be Gurks............for evah......
Sunoverbeach
6 years ago
Probably true, but happens sometimes. Look at KIA. Piece of crap to largely dependable car maker in a mere blink and you'll miss it 20something years. Of course that would require new leadership to have an excess of drive and vision. And yeah, KH would have to truly be out of the picture.
corey sellers
6 years ago
If you didn't know Gurkhas have been rolled on the thighs of virgin goats for years.Thats what gives them the twang.
izonfire
6 years ago
I’ll have me some extra poon in that tang...
corey sellers
6 years ago
Pudding Mittens
6 years ago

Apparently made some BLM mocking posts on social media

Sunoverbeach wrote:


Why would he mock the Bureau of Land Management? They do a fine job!
.

tonygraz
6 years ago
If things go well in November maybe they can find a guy that will Make Gurkha Great Again.
24132413
6 years ago

If they were making MONEY under K.H. nothing will change.
Mr. Jones
6 years ago
Guhrka "LEGENDS"...THE FIRST TIME AROUND WERE
VERY GOOD CIGARS ...

I'm pretty sure I liked the torpedoes best?
Can't remember?
What other vitolas were made?

WAY before CIGARS INTERNATIONAL CONCIEVED OF THEiR OWN LEGENdS BRAND by individual cigAr makers in a 5x55 vitola...
Abrignac
6 years ago
This seems to fall under the WGAF category.
Barbara
6 years ago
Kaizad Hansotia is still the majority owner of Gurkha Cigars.
Notthe1
6 years ago
I heard there are plans, in the works, to buy out his ownership of the company.

Ii also heard he is not involved in the day to day operations.

Although the quality of the cigars will prawly remain the same with or without him.
Pudding Mittens
6 years ago

This seems to fall under the WGAF category.

Abrignac wrote:


Yeah, really. I give a schitt about as much as who's in and out of the executive suite at Little Turdy's Schitt Sandwich Cookies, LLC.

In both cases, it's an awful, garbage product I want nothing to do with, so who's at the helm of the company has zero (0) significance to me. I couldn't care less.
.
Barbara
6 years ago
As in the past, the quality of the cigars will depend on which factory is producing them. Gurkha, since its modern inception, has just been a brand. In 2017 there was a rumor that Hansotia was going to buy American Caribbean in Esteli, Nicaragua (former Torano factory) but that doesn't appear to have ever happened. American Caribbean has produced some, but not all of Gurkha's Nicaraguan sourced cigars. Las Lavas S.A. has made many Gurkha cigars. PDR is also producing cigars for Gurkha with Abe Flores doing the blending. Gurkha buys production lots, then has them banded and boxed as Gurkha. Many are the same cigar bearing other brands. Very few Gurkha cigars have actually bee blended specifically for Gurkha. As a consequent, the brand is inconsistent in quality. Some are rolled by third string apprentices with inferior tobacco while others are rolled by factory's top torcedors with the best tobacco.

Who is at the helm of any brand is integral to the quality and blending. What would My Father be without the oversight of Pepin Garcia or Jon Sann at Drew Estate?

Barbara
6 years ago

Yeah, really. I give a schitt about as much as who's in and out of the executive suite at Little Turdy's Schitt Sandwich Cookies, LLC. In both cases, it's an awful, garbage product I want nothing to do with, so who's at the helm of the company has zero (0) significance to me.

Pudding Mittens wrote:


It's really quite clear that your knowledge of the inner workings of cigar manufacturing is minuscule.
Pudding Mittens
6 years ago

It's really quite clear that your knowledge of the inner workings of cigar manufacturing is minuscule.

Barbara wrote:


On the contrary, after well over 20 years of being a cigar enthusiast and having conversations with many captains of the industry I know all about the inner workings of the industry (marketing, subcontracting to different actual manufacturers behind the scenes, etc. etc. blah blah). But when your brand name is on the final product sold to consumers, and that product consistently sucks ass, it matters not what the process behind the scenes is, or who's really making what, or any other factors.... your brand name is associated with lousy, bad-quality products. That's all the customer sees, and that's all that matters.

Also it's really quite clear that your knowledge of appropriate text size for a forum post is miniscule.
.
Users browsing this topic