MACS
5 years ago
Turn the page... Bob Seger version.
danmdevries
5 years ago
Metallica made it better.
MACS
5 years ago

Metallica made it better.

danmdevries wrote:



No... no... no, they absolutely did not. Been a Metallica fan since the late 80's. I like their version of Whiskey in the Jar better than Thin Lizzy, because I hadn't heard the original first. If I hear the original first, and I like it... nobody can do it better.

Weird, but there it is.
deadeyedick
5 years ago

Metallica made it better.

danmdevries wrote:




Not without that sax by Alto Reed
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
Saw a study once and the version you hear first tends to be your favorite. Be it original or cover. Case in point, Whiskey in the Jar was actually released by the Dubliners in '67 and covered by Thin Lizzy. And I'll always take Hendrix's version of Watchtower over Dylan. Though I don't know if that supports the argument, because it is Jimi after all
dkeage
5 years ago

Not without that sax by Alto Reed

deadeyedick wrote:


Saw Bob Seger on the Against the Wind tour. They played Turn the Page for the encore. A group of security guards brought Alto Reed into our section in the balcony, and he started playing the intro before a spotlight came on to light gHim up. It was really 😎
danmdevries
5 years ago

No... no... no, they absolutely did not. Been a Metallica fan since the late 80's. I like their version of Whiskey in the Jar better than Thin Lizzy, because I hadn't heard the original first. If I hear the original first, and I like it... nobody can do it better.

Weird, but there it is.

MACS wrote:



I heard the Metallica version first.

Whiskey in the jar is one of my favorite songs and until just this moment I did not know it was a cover.

My other take is Hurt by Nine Inch Nails was a great song, but it now belongs to Johnny Cash. Even Trent Reznor said so.

Fleetwood Mac Landslide is better than Smashing Pumpkins, though I heard the latter first.
MACS
5 years ago

Saw a study once and the version you hear first tends to be your favorite. Be it original or cover. Case in point, Whiskey in the Jar was actually released by the Dubliners in '67 and covered by Thin Lizzy. And I'll always take Hendrix's version of Watchtower over Dylan. Though I don't know if that supports the argument, because it is Jimi after all

Sunoverbeach wrote:



Nice... I'm not weird. 😰
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
I heard Reznor say that but can't agree. I think Downward Spiral is too wrapped up in my formative years to accept otherwise
Gene363
5 years ago
Music, it's a personal thing.


Good Sunday Morning!
Smooth light
5 years ago
MOVE ON OVER...Janis, blues style, or Slade, rocking?
8trackdisco
5 years ago
FA Cup soccer, 56th minute. Arsenal plays in 15 minutes. What to do, what to do?!
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
Split screen?
tonygraz
5 years ago
I'm with MACS on this one. I like Neil Young's version of All Along the Watchtower with Willie Nelson best. Didn't Dylan do it first ?
izonfire
5 years ago

Saw a study once and the version you hear first tends to be your favorite. Be it original or cover. Case in point, Whiskey in the Jar was actually released by the Dubliners in '67 and covered by Thin Lizzy. And I'll always take Hendrix's version of Watchtower over Dylan. Though I don't know if that supports the argument, because it is Jimi after all

Sunoverbeach wrote:


Are you talking about the original study???
Gene363
5 years ago

I'm with MACS on this one. I like Neil Young's version of All Along the Watchtower with Willie Nelson best. Didn't Dylan do it first ?

tonygraz wrote:



Yes, Dylan wrote All Along the Watchtower, but the best rendition was the one by Jimmy Hendrix.



teedubbya
5 years ago
I though axl write that.

I saw a study once that shows when the number of churches in any given area increase so do the total number of violent crimes and violent deaths.

True
BuckyB93
5 years ago

Are you talking about the original study???

izonfire wrote:



I prefer the remake of the original study.
BuckyB93
5 years ago
One NINE! teen
Whistlebritches
5 years ago
"Sunday Bloody Sunday"......Cheers Mates
Users browsing this topic