Gene363
5 years ago

..... racist and anti female sex workers.

8trackdisco wrote:



But, "interesting" could be good good! 🤦
Ram27
5 years ago
Welcome to Friday peeps.
Enjoy =d>
Stogie1020
5 years ago
DED, get the oil leak squared away?

I always drool over the 60's Corvettes at Barrett Jackson.

Which year(s) had the split rear window?
danmdevries
5 years ago
Happy Friday fellas
8trackdisco
5 years ago
..... and also with you.
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
Yay, Friday! 'Cept I'm on call this weekend. Boooo!
tonygraz
5 years ago
Started snowing here last night around 11 PM and still snowing this morning. First job of the day was to sweep the snow off the dish so we could watch TV.
MACS
5 years ago

DED, get the oil leak squared away?

I always drool over the 60's Corvettes at Barrett Jackson.

Which year(s) had the split rear window?

Stogie1020 wrote:



Only 1963. Which is why they cost a fortune.
MACS
5 years ago
Well... Uncle Sam and Uncle Gavin took their pound of flesh last night.

S'awright... 'tis but a flesh wound!

Morning dump should slide out real easy, though... 😟
deadeyedick
5 years ago

DED, get the oil leak squared away?

I always drool over the 60's Corvettes at Barrett Jackson.

Which year(s) had the split rear window?

Stogie1020 wrote:



Only the '63 was split window. They look really cool but the view was restricted so it was discontinued. Low production = big $$ now.

The leak appears to be coming from a crease in the oil pan prolly caused by a rock or some object. I have not had time to get it up on stands yet to fully inspect.
BuckyB93
5 years ago
I try to come as close to break even as possible each year. Pretty much nailed it by accident this year. Got $1,300 back from Fed, gotta send $51 to the state but out state ain't due till next month.

We gots about 4" of wet snow overnight and it's still coming down kinda steady. Temps are right around freezing, so it'll probably turn to rain later then be fully melted away by tomorrow or Sunday.

My personal prediction for the day is homework interrupted with some TV watching and naps. Or is it naps and TV interrupted with some of homework?

Just put some rib tips in the crock pot for later. Cajun spice rub and slathered with BBQ sauce.
BuckyB93
5 years ago

Only the '63 was split window. They look really cool but the view was restricted so it was discontinued. Low production = big $$ now.

The leak appears to be coming from a crease in the oil pan prolly caused by a rock or some object. I have not had time to get it up on stands yet to fully inspect.

deadeyedick wrote:



Should be an inexpensive and easy fix to replace it?
MACS
5 years ago

Should be an inexpensive and easy fix to replace it?

BuckyB93 wrote:



Drain oil, pull pan, scrape gasket (if necessary) replace with new, fill with oil. Gonna cost you a new oil pan and new oil. Prolly a couple few hundy.
BuckyB93
5 years ago
While you're under there, might as well grease up the tie rod guards too.
danmdevries
5 years ago
I was really hungry when I left work. Got home, made a couple fat fajitas and made it through half of one and felt uncomfortably full. I normally don't feel full until I've gone way overboard. Must be ill.

Gonna shower and hope there's room in there for a beer before bed.

deadeyedick
5 years ago

Drain oil, pull pan, scrape gasket (if necessary) replace with new, fill with oil. Gonna cost you a new oil pan and new oil. Prolly a couple few hundy.

MACS wrote:



Yep, I'm getting too old to be laying on the garage floor doing this stuff. Bought the oil yesterday but I might push it down to my neighbor's place about a block so I can use his lift to do the repairs. Might just weld up the old one and repaint, etc.

New pan is $379 and gasket $24 + shipping IF in stock. There are a bunch of things not in stock these days.
Cheno
5 years ago
Sucks when they don't trust a co-worker on the job and have me drive it to do it. Looks like it's time to empty pockets and suit up. I'm going into the transformer. We got the permit, rescue team, firefighters and emts are here on standby. I don't mind doing the work just need to let the other guy try sometime.
8trackdisco
5 years ago
Found out if I retired today, my pension would pay out a one time lump sum of....... $1,026.38.

Guess I can now safely resign.

Rainmaking.
Speyside
5 years ago
Morning all.
izonfire
5 years ago

Sucks when they don't trust a co-worker on the job and have me drive it to do it. Looks like it's time to empty pockets and suit up. I'm going into the transformer. We got the permit, rescue team, firefighters and emts are here on standby. I don't mind doing the work just need to let the other guy try sometime.

Cheno wrote:


I'll handle it Cheno.
I can be there in 24 hours.

Afterward, gonna swing by Bucky's.
Some rib tips in the crock pot with cajun spice rub and slathered with BBQ sauce would really hit the spot...
Users browsing this topic