danmdevries
5 years ago
Damn 8 even if the comma and the decimal were in the wrong spots, that's still nothing.
MACS
5 years ago

Sucks when they don't trust a co-worker on the job and have me drive it to do it. Looks like it's time to empty pockets and suit up. I'm going into the transformer. We got the permit, rescue team, firefighters and emts are here on standby. I don't mind doing the work just need to let the other guy try sometime.

Cheno wrote:



Um... I'm just spitballing here... but if those things are necessary, maybe they're right not to trust just any ol' body, eh?
BuckyB93
5 years ago
Can't ya just touch it to your tongue like you'd test a 9V battery? Might tingle a little but that tells you it's still good.

Reminds me of a story back in high school physics.

Teacher had one of these old crank generators like you'd use for an old fashioned phone. Had one student touch one terminal, then a few other students held hands with the final student completing the circuit by touching the other terminal. Teacher cranked the generator slowly and the students reported a slight tingle as a small current passed through their bodies.

Then the teacher, for laughs, would vigorously crank the generator, boosting the current. As the electricity traveled through their body, their muscles contracted, clenching their hands together making it difficult to let go. Ahhhh... the fun of physics.

Memories such as these kinda makes me want to be a high school physics teacher but pranks like these would probably get me arrested and stuff nowadays.
HockeyDad
5 years ago

Sucks when they don't trust a co-worker on the job and have me drive it to do it. Looks like it's time to empty pockets and suit up. I'm going into the transformer. We got the permit, rescue team, firefighters and emts are here on standby. I don't mind doing the work just need to let the other guy try sometime.

Cheno wrote:



That sounds like substation stuff!
Stogie1020
5 years ago
Dang, Cheno. Be safe...

Thx for the info DED, hope the repair goes well.
rfenst
5 years ago

Sucks when they don't trust a co-worker on the job and have me drive it to do it. Looks like it's time to empty pockets and suit up. I'm going into the transformer. We got the permit, rescue team, firefighters and emts are here on standby. I don't mind doing the work just need to let the other guy try sometime.

Cheno wrote:


Seems dangerous, Be safe!
DrafterX
5 years ago

Sucks when they don't trust a co-worker on the job and have me drive it to do it. Looks like it's time to empty pockets and suit up. I'm going into the transformer. We got the permit, rescue team, firefighters and emts are here on standby. I don't mind doing the work just need to let the other guy try sometime.

Cheno wrote:




grab me an ashtray while you're in there... 🇨🇮
Gene363
5 years ago

Sucks when they don't trust a co-worker on the job and have me drive it to do it. Looks like it's time to empty pockets and suit up. I'm going into the transformer. We got the permit, rescue team, firefighters and emts are here on standby. I don't mind doing the work just need to let the other guy try sometime.

Cheno wrote:



No job is worth injury, no exceptions.
Gene363
5 years ago
Good Friday afternoon! A honey do caused me to delay posting, but the wife now has her third LED light for painting and it has the necesary warm light color.
Cheno
5 years ago
Made it out safe all. Thanks! Was in the for about an hour. If you drop anything like a bolt, nut, or washer and you can't find it they scrap the whole transformer. $Million+ gone. Had to wait 2 hours before I could go in since combustibles levels were rising and CO was kinda high.
Ram27
5 years ago
This is why one gets paid the BIG $$$$$:-k
Ram27
5 years ago
Not I ......#-o
danmdevries
5 years ago
Cheno speaking of big transformers, the first time I remember seeing one of those multi-articulating super-heavy semi trailers it had a transformer on the back. I was a kid riding in my dad's car and asked him what that was. He said it's a transformer. I thought like the toys my neighbor had, the big grey thing in the middle was the body and the boom arms to each pivot wheeled assembly were the legs and it could stand up and rollerskate.
Cheno
5 years ago
Dan we have those as emergency ones and that's what it feels like when we are setting them up. My kid thinks I play with toys at work when I say transformer at home.
delta1
5 years ago
Transformers...I enjoyed watching those action movies...Megan Fox...
Plowboy221
5 years ago
Welp my vacation I was looking forward to got the axe, one of our other livestock guys got hurt the other day.... gonna be out for awhile, maybe indefinitely. Made the mistake of going to the gun shop, been doing business with a long time. Gave me a good deal on a 300 blackout with six boxes of ammo. I’m calling it a birthday present to myself.....
delta1
5 years ago
Happy Birthday, Plowboy...enjoy!!!
Gene363
5 years ago

Happy Birthday, Plowboy...enjoy!!!

delta1 wrote:



+1
8trackdisco
5 years ago
Brothers, good night.
Stogie1020
5 years ago
Both girls are back to preschool come June. They need it badly, but holy hell I didn't miss that expense...
Users browsing this topic