teedubbya
5 years ago
Y’all missed a what you talkin about Willis opportunity. Pitiful
danmdevries
5 years ago
Chopped up the last of my canned habaneros, diced in a couple plum tomatoes, a bunch of cilantro, a red onion, and smashed in a half dozen limes. Little salt n let that sit all day.

Thawing out some pork tenderloin. Didn't realize I had 4 of them in the freezer. Gonna see if I can turn some into carnitas. Gonna crock pot em, shred or chop, then fry in a little oil to try to get the crispy bits.

Gonna try a quick pickle on a red onion too. Never tried before but instructions look pretty simple. Salt, sugar, vinegar, and onion.
8trackdisco
5 years ago
Dog walked, watching the EFL Championship game. City v. Tottenham,
MACS
5 years ago
Coffee. Gym. Dog park.

Now my ass is parked.
Gene363
5 years ago
Burning out the Green Egg getting ready to cook some steaks for us and our neighbors.
rfenst
5 years ago



I am joining a cool radio controlled club out here. They do planes, drones, cars, and boats. I want to find a couple more hobbies, any real suggestions you knuckleheads?

Speyside wrote:

,I used to build planes and fly them. When I was a kid, I "built" rockets my dad would launch for me. If you are a "builder, I thing planes are the way to go!
rfenst
5 years ago
Oy!
I am just waking up from my second major nap today. Three hours...
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
Lawn mowed. Kinda chilly for yard work today
danmdevries
5 years ago

Lawn mowed. Kinda chilly for yard work today

Sunoverbeach wrote:



More than kinda.

I had to go inside and get a hat. Then had to get a heavier coat. Then gloves. 43 degrees too damn cold.

I'm not comfortable until its 80.
danmdevries
5 years ago
Tacos turned out freaking fantastic!

Shredded the tenderloins, splashed some of the braising liquid over them and a little sprinkle of oil. Put em on a sheet in the oven under the broiler to crisp up a bit.

The habanero Pico was awesome, the pickled red onion too. Avocados were perfectly ripe. Shredded a block of chihuahua cheese and smashed up a ball of queso fresco.

Made some rice with some of the liquid from the crock pot too.

I am uncomfortably full.

Even the wife said "eh, they're okay" which is the highest praise she'll ever put on food I make from scratch.
MACS
5 years ago
Decided a small glass of Aberlour with a Trinidad Coloniales was in order. Parked my ass in a different chair for a little while... out in the sun. 65 degrees, but a bit windy for my taste. Wind advisory until tomorrow morning.
danmdevries
5 years ago
Who knows how to search on here? I can't ever find chit.

Theres a whatcha cooking asshats thread somewhere and was gonna post recipes.
rfenst
5 years ago
Hey, what's up?
danmdevries
5 years ago
Screw it. I tried and failed

Pico:

12-20 habaneros slice the placenta off unless you wanna get lit up.
Red onion diced
2 plum tomatoes diced
6 limes smashed
1 bunch cilantro chopped to the part where it's just stem.
About a tsp taijin
About a tsp salt

Meat:
2 pork tenderloin in crock pot
2/3rds orange juice
1/3 lime juice
Powdered seasonings - black pepper, onion, garlic, hefty dose of cumin, 2 packets Goya culantro y achote.
2 cans Chipotle peppers in adobo
Couple red onion slices

Shred the loins when done, splash with the cooking liquid, spread out on a baking sheet and broil to crisp a bit.

Pickled onion:
Red onion sliced and halved, in a Mason jar with 2 scoops brown sugar, tsp salt, cider vinegar and a couple bay leaves. Let sit 6 hours or more

Then the usual lettuce, avocados, cheeses etc.
BuckyB93
5 years ago
Wrong thread noob

Who knows how to search on here? I can't ever find chit.

Theres a whatcha cooking asshats thread somewhere and was gonna post recipes.

danmdevries wrote:



http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/598150/THE-RECIPE-THREAD-Grillin-Crockpot-Tried-Something-New-Share-It 
izonfire
5 years ago
Damn. I could really go for some Pico with 12-20 habaneros slice the placenta off unless you wanna get lit up, Red onion diced, 2 plum tomatoes diced, 6 limes smashed, 1 bunch cilantro chopped to the part where it's just stem, About a tsp taijin, About a tsp salt and some Meat with 2 pork tenderloin in crock pot, 2/3rds orange juice, 1/3 lime juice, Powdered seasonings - black pepper, onion, garlic, hefty dose of cumin, 2 packets Goya culantro y achote, 2 cans Chipotle peppers in adobo, and a Couple red onion slices where you Shred the loins when done, splash with the cooking liquid, spread out on a baking sheet and broil to crisp a bit, with Pickled onion, made with Red onion sliced and halved, in a Mason jar with 2 scoops brown sugar, tsp salt, cider vinegar and a couple bay leaves that is left to sit 6 hours or more and Then the usual lettuce, avocados, cheeses etc. right about now.

That would really hit the spot... 😟
BuckyB93
5 years ago
Ya, it definitely would hit da spot. Bassturd is too greedy to share thou.
danmdevries
5 years ago
Lolz.

I would definitely share if yall were here tho.

Feeding people is one of the top things I live for. As long as those people like good food. I have too many white friends. I can't even put onion and tomato on burgers when I'm making them trackside. Most don't want mustard cause it's too spicy.
MACS
5 years ago
Four... seven... NINE!
BuckyB93
5 years ago
It this thing gonna finish tonight? I'm on spring break, no school for the rest of the week Just gotta do time at the circus.
Users browsing this topic