axpo
  • axpo
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago

I am relatively new to the Cigar world and quite impressed with all the opinions, knowledge, comraderie, and all around fun going on around this board. I grew up around my grandfather whom no one would recognize without a cigar sticking out of his mouth. (If I recall correctly, Te Amo: Meditation was his stick of choice) Since his passing, I have inherited a now empty humidor, (and for some reason, he kept closets full of empty (unfortunately) wooden boxes), and it saddens me to see it empty, when it used to be always full and in use. As for me, though I have recently had the pleasure of smoking a few cigars which I enjoyed very much, (some mid-grade, some super-premium, one cuban) I am a little confused and left wondering where to go from here . . . so I have some questions for you vets (or more veteran than I am) out there:

1) What are some good brands for daily/evening smokes? What price range should they be in?

2)How about the occasional 'super-premiums'? Like Gurkha, Zino, etc. are they just super-expensive, or is the hype valid?

3) I am cautious about dropping too much money at retail cigar shops, or by bidding on entire boxes here, in case I pick a brand I do not enjoy. Any suggestions for samplers or 5-packs until I get my feet wet?

4) Any tips for using C-Bid, or this forum would be greatly appreciated also!

I have also been enjoying the banter going on around here over the past few days, I feel like I am getting to know you all through your posts! It is quite entertaining. 🙂 I hope you have room for one more on these boards...

Thanks in advance for the help, and I look forward to getting to know the boards and you all better.

-George
tank71663
21 years ago
Howdy...and Welcome..

Chances are someone is gonna yell at ya cause this is on the trade boards and your not askin bout a trade...

Me I forgive and forget...

The sample paks are a GREAT way to try alot of stuff, look for ones with many diff cigars in them...

5 paks are also good. What I did when I first started was look on the auctions and if it was more then I wanted to pay for something I had never tried I would check my local and buy just 1 stick to try...or just get the fiver here and if ya dont care for them offer up trades for the ones you didnt smoke, that way you will gain reputation and will get other stix to try from the trades...

There are some GREAT people here...if someone is postin a HERF in your area try to go you you will be amazed even more when you meet them in person...

Search the word...COOLERDOR...if you build it, they will come.....


Oh Yeah, one more thing.....

Send me your snail-mail and I'll hook ya up with alittle 5-pak to try.....HEEheeHEEhee !!!



TANK & Mrs.Tank


tom dot priebe at sbcglobal dot net
tank71663
21 years ago
Also make sure you search out the..."NEWBIE INFO"...threads lots of good info there too...


TANK
axpo
  • axpo
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
My apologies for using the wrong board, though I would love to get involved in trades once my collection grows, so keep me in mind for that.

And looking around this site for Coolerdor ideas, I realize that I am probably going to need one sooner than I thought. First on the to-do list for tomorrow! (pics will follow)

Thanks for the info Tank, I am reading up on the newbie posts.

moonman
21 years ago
axpo,
Hello & welcome! I would reccommend bidding on some samplers for the variety. This will help you to determine what you like & also may help you determine what cigars are worth the cost. CBID is the best place to begin your cigar education As well as your collection. In the area of Gurkha Cigars I will tell you that I love them but that's only my opinion. K. Hansotia produces Gurkha Cigars as well as K. Hansotia Cigars. There are lots of choices & price ranges among his smokes. Perhaps start by bidding on a Gurkha sampler or a relatively inexpensive 5 pack of his smokes. A good thing to keep in mind when bidding on these is to bid only as much as your willing to spend & if you don't win your bid the first time around you will always have another chance. Good luck in your quest & try one of your grandpas' favorites.
BikerBob1961
21 years ago
hey axpo send me your snailer

datrebor at hotmail dot com

wecome to the cbid
tank71663
21 years ago
pkg should be arriving soon...


TANK
axpo
  • axpo
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
BikerBob, Email sent.

Tank, My first bomb: the tension and excitement builds . . .
BikerBob1961
21 years ago
hey axpo your package has launched and its on target.

there are alot of great people here that will help you with your questions(although its not a bad idea to do a search to see if it was asked already)about the form,posting,and about different cigars.
good luck in you bidding.
Users browsing this topic