J.Redleg
21 years ago
So I'm having a crappy day that began with me sitting in traffic and being 1/2 hour late for work and it continued when I got to the DMV inspection station just in time to watch them close and then have to sit in more traffic to get home!

My wife gets home and pulls out the mail. Lo and behold not one but two packages are cramming the already oversized mailbox. After 5 minutes of explaining that I didn't order anything, I get to open them under the watchful eye of the Mrs. and my 23 month old daughter who's laughing up a storm.

From the postmark I can see that they are from two very good BOTLs, JohnHayCigars and Rugrunner!

Now I didn't mean to start a bombing battle with anyone, little less these two master blasters, but here I am - a very thankful victim!

I had mentioned that I have yet to try the CAO Mx2 or the Cx2 and JHC generously offered to send me one of each to try. When I opened his package, I find not only the CAOs but also an H.Upmann and an ISOM to boot.

My girls are watching as drool begins to dribble out of the corner of my mouth.

Now if you don't know, Redleg is a nickname for an Artilleryman. Rugrunner, in his youth, also got the distinction of being a Redleg. If you know what to look for, you'll see that he maintains that Redleg spirit long after he hung up his BDUs.

So in this post about MREs I offered to send him a newer MRE, as they have changed immensely in the last 20. I figured I had some space in the box, why not treat a fellow Redleg to a few of my favorite smokes - plus I thought it's the least I could do in case he hurls or gets bound up because of the meal I sent him. Or worse, if a by-product of the MRE causes grief between himself and Ruggysgirl.

So after carefully opening his bomb, I see he fired back hard: another CAO Mx2 along with it's cousin, the Brazilia; a RP Vintage 1990, Torrano Exodus 1959, Partagas CiFuentes, and a Macanudo Robusto.

Thank you gentlemen and remember, NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!
rugrunner
21 years ago
Thanks for the nice write up. You could have a future in politics... Enjoy! Nothing better then helping a botl get some sticks, without the Mrs getting pissed! LOL
J.Redleg
21 years ago
Politics - no thank you. I'm not good at the art of BS.

And the Mrs. doesn't mind my purchases, but the night before I told her I haven't bought anything online in a couple of weeks. It was perfect timing!
Users browsing this topic