al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Can you believe the Cowboys just finished three 5-11 seasons and now under Bill Parcells they just beat Carolina and are now 8-3! With the same team! The only noticeable change in roster is Terry Glenn! I'm starting to believe Parcell's is the second coming of Christ...
DrMaddVibe
22 years ago
God doesn't leave you like Parcells has with many teams. When he goes...whoosh, back to 5-11 real quick.
rmarrandino
22 years ago
I've never been a big Parcell fan, but the guy's record is unbelievable. Everywhere he goes his teams win.

And then he takes this pitiful Dallas team and turns them into a contender in his first year. Not much left to say about the guy, except that I wish he was coaching the Bears.
mpingree
22 years ago
Don't know if I'd call him god but he's at least his right hand man 🙂

Go Cowboys !!
Charlie
22 years ago
Great Coach? Yes!

God? NO

C
MrSecureT
22 years ago
Actually they're not the same team that went 5-11 three straight seasons. Regardless, try not to forget that our offense sucks. We don't have a quarterback or running back, and we've been shut out twice recently and consistently have trouble putting points on the board. We've got a great defense, but trophies require balance. Still, the coach is doing a great job with the talent he's stuck with, but it would be better if he were a likable human being.
tailgater
22 years ago
Best motivator in the game. Maybe ever.

But best coach? Think not.

Let's not forget that the woeful 5-11 cowboys of last season had the 5th ranked Defense in the league.

Tuna excells with a weak schedule. His motivation won't let teams have a let-down game.

Just keep him out of the GM/Personell director role. He is amazingly average.
MrSecureT
22 years ago
"Best motivator in the game. Maybe ever."

No, he's not a motivator. He's an old school intimidator, and that's not the same thing. It gets results in the short run, but it doesn't last. Sooner or later everyone gets tired of being treated like crap. That may have worked 40 years ago but not anymore--not for long.
usahog
22 years ago
Al'Thor... I have Always Been a Cowboy's Fan... and it is Great to See the Boys back up on top... but they've been there many times... the Best thing for them is to keep Jerry Jones out of the Locker Room and from making Plays!!!!!!! that has been the Coaching Downfalls throughout the years... We'll see after this season if Parcells can keep Jerry at Bay!!!!! God I Hope So!!!!!!

Hog
huskey
22 years ago
Mr.SecureT,

The motivation of WINNING worked 40 years ago, works today and will work 40 years from now. Believe it or not even today's athlete will work a little harder if they believe winning will result. The best coaches are the ones that have their players conned into believing
if you just do it my way we will win.

Parcells fits this mold.
BeatDragon
22 years ago
My .02

I think the Cowboys success is more a testament to Dave Compo's ineptness than Parcell's Godlyness.

His previous reclamation projects were nowhere near as talented as the Cowboys. Well at least on defense. His offensive philosphy, albeit succesful, is rather pedestrian and would seem easy enough for NFL calibur players to execute.
savbond000
22 years ago
I like the Cowboys. I like Bill Parcels. I was a very happy camper when I heard he was their new coach and I knew that he was going to take that team and make them respectable once again. He's not Tom Landry, he's nowhere near God, but he's pretty damn good.

Patrick
billreif
22 years ago
Lets see what god does for the rest of the year.
billreif
22 years ago
I hated the cowboys since I
was about 8 years old.
Now the cheerleaders,
that's a whole different story.
tailgater
22 years ago
MrsecureT,
In fact, he IS a motivator.
So much so that I'm convinced he would have excelled regardless of his chosen field of endeavor.
True, he intimidates some. But he mentors others. And all the while he brings out the BEST player in each person on the field.
Players that HATE him later take reduced pay to play for him. Look no further than Terry Glenn.

I am still not convinced that his "coaching" is at the tops in the league. But so many great X and O guys can't motivate todays athletes.

And he's still the best post-game interview in football.
jdrabinski
22 years ago
"God doesn't leave you like Parcells has with many teams"

I beg to differ. God left the Jews for the Christians, left the Christians for the Muslims, left the Muslims for the Mormons...who's next? The dude (Dude?) has a wandering eye, methinks.

Now I am even more convinced that Parcells is God.

Except that he now has brought the endlessly annoying Cowboys back to prominence. For that, he cannot be forgiven. I was lovin' the 5-11 string...
rasdas
22 years ago
I hate the Cowboys....and i live in Texas...

RasDas

Joe
coma-one
22 years ago
Me too!! I have always been a COWBOY'S FAN!!!!!
(yeah right!!) about as much as I am an Ohio State Fan!!!!

Sorry fellas but I don't like the Cowboy's. As far as him beeing the best coach, well I tottally disagree. What about Don Shula, Mike Shanahan , Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh?????

I agree that Parcell is a good coach and worthy of admiration, taken this franchise as he has is at the very least worth mentioning, however GOD???? Oh, no, no, no!!!!

Sorry Ethan,!!!
choner
22 years ago
Parcells is a Great Coach. He has turned every team he's touched to have a winning season. His Patriots went to the Super Bowl, his Jets had a great season after having a streak of bads one before Parcells got there. And 2 Super Bowls with the Giants is all you can ask for. And now look what he does to a terrible Cowboys team in only one off season.

Bill Walsh is the greatest, but Parcells is up there. Every owner in the league would love to have Parcells, because they know how great he is. Every player in the league knows how great he is. He knows how great he is. You don't turn losing teams around like that by being just good.

choner
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
well put Long, nevertheless, everyone else has shown me there error of my ways, I will now take down the Bill Parcell's shrine that I put up in my living room and will cancel the sacrifices to him..... and although I detested the team during the Dynasty of the mid 90's, this is a new team that I'm starting to like and the Parcell's that I hear every day on the radio sounds like a coach I wouldn't mind playing for - especially with the results he gets.
Users browsing this topic